Corsair Community

Vengeance Pro RGB need Firmware-Update after every boot to work with iCue Software

Hey there guys.

This annoying problem is going on now for weeks or even months.
My Vengeance Pro RGB need a (forced) firmware update after every boot, to work with the iCue software, to "show" the correct RGB lighting.

The RGB Lighting of my stystem is set on boot. All the fans, the mainboard, the graphics card and the H115i do light up, exactly as it is programmed. Even the RAM does it, for a few seconds on Windows Boot-Up - until that exact moment, when the iCue software starts (it is set to start on system boot) - then they just stop. I have set them to "rainbow wave". so for the first few seconds they show it, but then just stop right at colors they are at this moment, no more "wave" going on.

To make it work again, I have to force the firmware update, only for the RAM. After that, they work perfectly as intended. But if I shut down the system and boot it up again, it is back to "not working"

and it's really annoying

I even re-installed the iCue software and what not, but nothing helps.

current iCue software: 4.23.137

RAM firmware: 1.03.66

on Windows 10

I really hope, that somebody can help me

thanks

• Corsair Employees

This issue is normally caused by attempting to run other third-party RGB software, such as Armoury Crate, at the same time as iCUE causing a conflict. It can also occur if your Armoury Crate, and the individual modules for your Asus hardware within Armoury Crate are not fully updated. You can check those updates by opening the Armoury Crate software, going to the update center, and checking for updates there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 6:55, thaclone said:

Hey there guys.

This annoying problem is going on now for weeks or even months.
My Vengeance Pro RGB need a (forced) firmware update after every boot, to work with the iCue software, to "show" the correct RGB lighting.

The RGB Lighting of my stystem is set on boot. All the fans, the mainboard, the graphics card and the H115i do light up, exactly as it is programmed. Even the RAM does it, for a few seconds on Windows Boot-Up - until that exact moment, when the iCue software starts (it is set to start on system boot) - then they just stop. I have set them to "rainbow wave". so for the first few seconds they show it, but then just stop right at colors they are at this moment, no more "wave" going on.

Para que vuelva a funcionar tengo que forzar la actualización del firmware, solo para la memoria RAM. Después de eso, funcionan perfectamente según lo previsto. Pero si apago el sistema y lo vuelvo a iniciar, vuelve a "no funcionar"

y es realmente molesto

Incluso reinstalé el software iCue y otras cosas, pero nada ayuda.

software iCue actual: 4.23.137

Firmware RAM: 1.03.66

en Windows 10

Realmente espero que alguien pueda ayudarme

Gracias

The same thing happens to me as to you, it all started when I updated the Firmware to version 1.03.66 with the previous version that I had, this error never happened