Corsair Community

Commander Core question

RMMAVL

I am currently building a computer for my sister and was wondering if the commander core that came with the H150 i got for her build can control LL series fans as well as the ML fans that came with the cooler? I understand from looking through other posts that I can't control the RGB function but can I use it as a controller for the fan speeds? Thanks for any help.

The Commander Core can do any of the Corsair fan types except the now discontinued original SP-RGB.  Also, unlike standard controllers that are serial RGB lighting, the Commander Core and XT controllers have per port RGB control.  This allows it to adapt to mixed fan types on the same controller.  This allows different LED count fans like LL (16 LEDs) and ML-Elite (8 LEDs) to work together reasonable well.  However, those fans do have different physical geometries so you can't do ring based RGB effects on a fan that does not have a LED ring.  Order does not matter here so it can go LL-LL-LL-ML(e)-ML(e)-LL and the controller will adjust.  Do not use the manual setting and let it run the RGB auto detect once all fans are connected.  

Thank you for the info! that will save me a bit of time to because i was going to set up the lighting node/RGB hub as well and use the commander as a fan hub. Thanks again.