Corsair Community

Change R70 hardware lighting for when iCUE is not running

When I'm not logged in, the keyboard uses the default flashing rainbow lighting. I want to change that to one of my profiles, or just a solid color, whichever is easier.

In iCUE v4 under Device Settings/Onboard Memory it says "K70 TKL HW1" in Slot #1. I can add a profile to Slot #2, but that has no effect. I can overwrite Slot #1 with a profile, but that make the keyboard all black when not logged in and it's hard to type. For my profile, in Hardware Lighting/Lighting Layers there's a "Spiral Rainbow" layer. If I click that layer iCUE crashes. I tried adding a static color there using the "all" zone, but it has no effect. I've attached a screenshot of this. When I'm on Hardware Lighting as shown in that screenshot, my keyboard is all black even though the layers are solid red and spiral rainbow. I tried adjusting the brightness but that does not fix it. I submitted a ticket but no response yet.

Help appreciated, thanks!

Hardware Lighting for Profile.jpg

• Corsair Employee

Go to device settings and clear the onboard profiles than perform a soft reset of the keyboard detailed below.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard

I may have found a different solution. I created a new profile add put a static color layer into Hardware Lighting for that profile. While my other profile would have the keyboard turn black no matter what I did in Hardware Lighting, the color I chose took effect in this new profile. I then went to Device Settings overwrote Slot #1 in Onboard Memory with this new profile. Now this static color profile is used when I'm logged out, which is what I wanted. I think my previous profile was corrupted somehow. As I said above, iCUE crashes if I chose the "spiral rainbow" layer in that profile.

• Corsair Employee

Glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue.