Corsair Community

iCue software will not let me change the rgb color on iCue H100i Elite Capellix

I just built a brand new computer and clean installed  Windows 11 pro. I installed iCue version 4.23.137 and set it up.  At first it will allow me to change the lighting on the pump and after a few reboots of the computer iCue will randomly change the color to something else. When i go back into the iCue program to change the color back to my color choice it lets me select the color and puts a check mark in the box but does not change it on the pump.  I can go in the software and everything else works. The iCue has also crashed once and given me exception errors as I reboot windows. It flashes to fast to see the error.

I have no other RGB components in the computer. Asus armoury crate is not installed.   I even wiped the drive and did another clean install of Windows 11 pro only to end up with the same problem.  I would just be happy to turn off the RGB and not use it at all.

Computer specs below

Asus ROG Strix z690-I gaming Wifi

Intel 12700k

Corsair Vengeance DDR 5 non-rgb

Evga 3080 xc3

Corsair iCUE H100i

Corsair SF750

Thanks in advanced

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2022 at 1:29 PM, Shoop said:

When i go back into the iCue program to change the color back to my color choice it lets me select the color and puts a check mark in the box but

Are you using the “scenes” lighting instead of the normal profile and per device lighting?  When you look at all your CUE devices on the main page, is there a specific “H100i Elite Capellix” device with a picture of the pump OLED face?  Or does it show a “Commander Core” controller instead?

Edited by c-attack
Bad predictive text

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I'm new to iCue. Yes, I do see the picture of the pump and my ram (which is Vengeance non-rgb). 

In digging around I found under the Software and Games it had added Wallpaper Engine as an active client. So I toggled off Enable game integration and Enable Software integration. Once I did that everything became functional.  I didn't realize Wallpaper Engine had integration with iCue.

I'm assuming you only want these toggled on if you are wanting to use another program to control the RGB?

Correct. There are several games and some other features like Wallpaper Engine that can take over the lighting. These can be universally permitted, individually within cue, and most games also have an in game selector. 

So is all working as expected with Wallpaper Engine off?

• Thanks 1