Corsair Community

Brand new Vengeance 64GB (32GBx2) not working in Dell XPS 15 9510

Hello,

I bought a Vengeance 64GB kit (32GBx2) for my Dell XPS 15 with the following specs

System Model                                       XPS 15 9510
Processor                                              11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H 
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)        16.0 GB
Name                                                     NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU

Swapping the old RAM sticks with the new follwoing model

Vengeance® Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 SODIMM 3200MHz CL22 Memory Kit   CMSX64GX4M2A3200C22

I tried to install the new RAM kit but after booting the laptop light was bliking 2 times AMBER and 5 times WHITE wich should mean INVALID MEMORY INSTALLED.
I have been checking plenty of times the memeory compatibility with the laptop model and it was ok.

I've just removed the cover and replacing the old RAM slots with the new ones (I havent touched the battery or the BIOS)

Can you please tell me why I'm having this problem? Is the new RAM model actually not compatible woth the laptop DELL model????

• Corsair Employees

You will need to reach out to Dell support for assistance on why their laptop has locked out third-party DRAM upgrades, and to determine an appropriate DRAM upgrade for your specific laptop. We would also recommend that you process a return of the memory kit with the retailer you purchased it from.