Corsair Community

Purchase on 19 February 2022, so really quite recent for my M65 RGB Elite.

Recently, my mouse has been experience some weird issues lately, which is no longer considered as a one-off or just coincidence. I'm experiencing mis-click and sudden loss of click registration while holding it.

I've updated the firmware multiple times, it's now 3.41, yet, taking a look back at the one-off and/or coincidence, I think this issue started some time in early March.

The polling rate is 1 Khz/1ms and Button Reponse Optimisation is On - Normal.

I'm not sure what to do, I could go RMA it, but I may get a replacement that may have the same issue.

Get rid of it,  I'm on my second within a year and im having it replaced yet again for the exact same thing. I swear they last no more than 6 months before something goes wrong and the clicks only register if you press hard. Expensive garbage, I expect more from Corsair.

On 5/4/2022 at 5:37 PM, Bloodskullius said:

Get rid of it,  I'm on my second within a year and im having it replaced yet again for the exact same thing. I swear they last no more than 6 months before something goes wrong and the clicks only register if you press hard. Expensive garbage, I expect more from Corsair.

Big Fking OOF for me then

it may come as a surprise but all mice are affected by it, and i mean those using the Omron 20 or 50 million clicks "warranty"

Different debounce firmware can make some work longer but these are just wrong switches for the application.

Look into the M65 Ultra that has optical switches maybe.

I own several Logitech G502, a Corsair Nightsword, they all have those omron switches and they all failed within 6 months.

I replaced them as they failed with other Omron switches made for microloads, and they work fine since. Getting a RMA would only make it work for the next 6 months etc.. so it's useless..

To me the only solution are soldering iron or mouse with optical switches (or have manufacturers actually read the datasheet for the switches they use to make a circuit that works with them)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 9:51 PM, LeDoyen said:

it may come as a surprise but all mice are affected by it, and i mean those using the Omron 20 or 50 million clicks "warranty"

Different debounce firmware can make some work longer but these are just wrong switches for the application.

Look into the M65 Ultra that has optical switches maybe.

I own several Logitech G502, a Corsair Nightsword, they all have those omron switches and they all failed within 6 months.

I replaced them as they failed with other Omron switches made for microloads, and they work fine since. Getting a RMA would only make it work for the next 6 months etc.. so it's useless..

To me the only solution are soldering iron or mouse with optical switches (or have manufacturers actually read the datasheet for the switches they use to make a circuit that works with them)

This is f-king stupid.

I don't think it will last 6 months, considering mine didn't list 2 months, and another 2 more months just to confirm that I have a shitty mouse.

it is utter bollocks indeed.. on my 3 Logitech G502, one lasted a year before the first clicking issues, the two others  failed in 2 or 3 months. same switches as everyone uses, the 50 million rated ones that go dead after 10 or 20000 tops.

They all work great now but i had to replace the switches myself with better ones. Replacing under warranty only gives you a couple of months before you'll need another replacement. Until the companies understand that we care more about actual reliability than having a huge meaningless number on the box to please marketing c*nts, we'll have to deal with that ourselves.

It's like planned obsolescence pushed too far, where it costs more in warranty units than in new sales from mice that stopped working after warranty.

They should actually place a 1,5 month warranty on the whole catalogue. that would boost sales, right?