Corsair Community

TWINX1024-PC3200XLPRO and Abit IC7-G Max2

ThePanda

Hello. I bought this ram a while back from Newegg and installed it on my Asus P4S800D-E Deluxe, and it worked like charm. Just last week, my motherboard and video card simultaneously bit the dust (not sure what caused it). I replaced the motherboard with an Abit IC7-G Max2 and picked up an x800pro. When I was reinstalling windows, my pc repeatedly gave me the BSOD. I popped the corsair out and stuck in some old pc2700 sticks I had lying around, and windows proceeded to install without a hitch. Once everything was stable, I took the pc2700 out and put my corsair sticks back in, bumped DDR voltage up to 2.8 for good measure, and crossed my fingers. It booted and ran just fine for about a day and a half, but just last night I got another BSOD, and after a reboot, another BSOD. I woke up this morning to see that it happened again while I was asleep. I reboot normally, and right as it starts to load processes I get yet another blue screen. I gave up and swapped ram out once more (lowering voltage back down) and I've been running stable for a few hours. What gives? I've searched multiple sites (including abit's forums) and can't find anyone else that has this problem. I'm low on cash and can't afford to go out and buy new ram, so I'd really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this situation, as the past week has been one problem after another.

Thanks.

Try setting the RAM voltage up to 2.7v or 2.8v. Also, set your RAM timings manually to 2,3,2,6. Some 875P chipset MOBOs cannot run the 2nd timing (tRCD or RAS to CAS Delay) at 2 so you need to manually set it to 3. If you still have problems try the test from http://www.memtest86.com for 3-5 passes on each individual stick of RAM.

Good luck, Mike.

Thank you for your reply.

Booted stable, ran 3DMark05 all the way through. Seems to be running just fine. Ram voltage is 2.7v, and timings are 2.5-3-2-6. I'll start running a few other tests and see how it goes, but I think I'm set.

Edit: Windows locked up just a minute ago (but no BSOD, yay!), so I went ahead and set ram voltage to 2.8v.. I hope this fixes it.

Edit2: Bleh. It never fails. I see the blue screen again. I took a picture if it would help to diagnose the problem, but win32k.sys is the cause for the fourth of fifth time.

System specs:

Intel P4 3.0c @ stock (speed & fsb)

Abit ic7-g max2 advance (latest bios)

1gb corsair twinx-1024 pc3200xlpro

Ati radeon x800pro (stock core/mem)

Thermaltake silent purepower 480w (Model: W0013RU)

Hard drives: 120, 160, 2x200

Archived