Corsair Community

5000D AIRFLOW Fans

Hi - I'll probably be buying the 5000D Airflow case shortly.

The two included fans are described as "AirGuide 120mm fans". I'd like to get another one and put them on the side (QLs for the front & back).

Where can I buy these AirGuide fans? As far as I can see, there aren't any non-RGB AirGuide fans available.

I used ML 120 non-RGB fans for my 5000D airflow...  Here is the link.

ML120 120mm twin pack

The "AirGuide" fans are OEM fans that are not sold separately.  The ML120 fans I linked are considered very reliable fans and should work well combined with the 2 included "AirGuide" fans.

• Like 1

I can’t find them either, despite having 6 pages of 5000 replacement parts. The suggestion above is a good one, although if you are going QL everywhere else it may not be long before you want RGB on the side too. That’s also a fairly visible area, so consistency across the the three fans may be an issue. 

This is another reason I wish manufacturers would simply drop these token OEM fans that are not enough to properly run the system and not acquirable as a standalone part, but then reviewers will test the case with no fans and fail it on thermals. 

Thanks for the advice. The QLs are undoubtedly the nicest looking fans but not the nicest price!

I've looked at a good number of reviews/dicussions of the 5000D/X./T. There's some conflicting opinions about the side cable bar - some say to leave it in place and it will direct air from the side fans over the motherboard while others say it should come out.

What's the opinion here? Just fans and no radiator in the side - cable bar in or out?

With regards to the cable-bar, it is mostly a matter of personal preference.  If placement of fans on the side panel is preferred,  or if using an EATX motherboard, the remove the panel.  Otherwise leaving it in will not hurt anything and can help with cable management by cloaking the cables that extend from the motherboard.  It is a win-win either way.  The cable management options in the 5000 style cases are many.

I wonder if people really care about cooling the 24 pin socket or the SATA plugs.. or if forcibly sticking dust to the backside of the motherboard has some cooling boons.

If you want to use fans on the side, get that bar out, let air pass. Otherwise you'll just have a tiny nit of RGB, and a tiny bit of airflow.

Besides your GPU needs more cooling than the ram VRM or the debug LEDs lol

7 hours ago, DaveBhoy said:

Thanks for the advice. The QLs are undoubtedly the nicest looking fans but not the nicest price!

I've looked at a good number of reviews/dicussions of the 5000D/X./T. There's some conflicting opinions about the side cable bar - some say to leave it in place and it will direct air from the side fans over the motherboard while others say it should come out.

What's the opinion here? Just fans and no radiator in the side - cable bar in or out?

it depends ... if you are using a AIO to cool your CPU than it might be a smart idea as this would provide some airflow for RAM, VRM, chipset & M2 Drives
if you use a tower style CPU cooler than it becomes less relevant but might still provide some extra cooling for those components
If you are using a CPU cooler that blows toward the the board and want to use the cover than I would set the fans up as exhaust as this will help remove the hot air away from the board quicker 
if you remove the cover and use fans as intake you will create more positive pressure and this will that there is less dust buildup on small openings in the case (Also if you have a Radiator in the front you will add some cool air to your system)
You could always try various setups Since I assume you are not running a Custom loop

I am intending to use a 360 AIO so there's a number of places it can go. I was thinking to put it at the top as an exhaust but it's an interesting thought to put it as a side or front intake. 

I guess I will experiment with different setups to see what performs (and looks) the best.

When using an AIO, be aware of where the pump is located in it's construction.  This may affect where you decide to place the AIO.  Some AIOs place the pump on top of the cold plate, while others place it in the radiator, and at least one places it in between.  The goal is to keep the pump fed with water and to keep air (which rises to the top) away from pooling inside the pump.

17 hours ago, Latharion said:

When using an AIO, be aware of where the pump is located in it's construction.  This may affect where you decide to place the AIO.  Some AIOs place the pump on top of the cold plate, while others place it in the radiator, and at least one places it in between.  The goal is to keep the pump fed with water and to keep air (which rises to the top) away from pooling inside the pump.

it's pretty hard to get wrong in a 5000D (Specially with a 360 AIO)
The only issue might be pump in radiator and Radiator in the top of the case but most AIO's are designed to work fine that way
Also Note that Tubes up in Side or Front Mount is not an issue as long as the top of the radiator is placed higher than the Pump 
This is something that a lot of people seem to say is wrong when using "Pump in the CPU Block" (Asetek) AIO's
Steve from Gamers Nexus did a video on this (However some people took this out of context) 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DjRavix said:

it's pretty hard to get wrong in a 5000D (Specially with a 360 AIO)
The only issue might be pump in radiator and Radiator in the top of the case but most AIO's are designed to work fine that way
Also Note that Tubes up in Side or Front Mount is not an issue as long as the top of the radiator is placed higher than the Pump 
This is something that a lot of people seem to say is wrong when using "Pump in the CPU Block" (Asetek) AIO's
Steve from Gamers Nexus did a video on this (However some people took this out of context) 

Yes. I was just wanting the OP to be aware of the various new options available and the decisions regarding those options. 

Both GN Steve and Greg Salazar have made excellent videos concerning this issue (both the parts that are actually concerning (relationship of pump to res), and those that are and not (such as the barb placement).  The only option that users could run afoul of is not even available on the 5000 series (bottom mounted res).  There are a few minor concerns when mounting an SSF motherboard due to the location of the CPU slot (they are often mounted near the top of the motherboard which could potentially be an issue).  On standard ATX or or larger boards it's not an issue.

Edited by Latharion

That would be damage, probably from delivery.  It can be bent back into place if you use some pliers and some sort of soft thing between the pliers and the case (to keep from scratching the case).

It's part of the case - the glass is supposed to fit outside so I assume it happened before assembly at the factory or the glass would have been damaged/smashed.

Anyway, Amazon's replacement is coming tomorrow - my "repair" jobs usually end up making things worse!

you paid for a case in good shape. never try to repair DOA merchandise, that's what warranty is for 🙂 

Posted (edited)

That does not look to good .. I am Happy to hear you Could RMA Right away

Edited by DjRavix