Corsair Community

Compatability of Parts

I am planning on getting the iCUE 5000x RGB mid-tower case, I want to put an ASUS ROG Maximus z690 Extreme motherboard, which is EATX, so the maximum size for this case. The problem is if I install a Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM AIO CPU cooler to the top of the case, which bring me to my question. Would I still be able to install the CPU cooler even though the motherboard is that large?

Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX LGA1700 Motherboard Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME EATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD 58.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Before you buy this water cooling, think twice and read at least this tread.

It would be helpful for you before you will take a place in our " happy club "

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hydroxide17 said:

if I install a Corsair iCUE H150i Elite LCD 58.1 CFM AIO CPU cooler to the top of the case, which bring me to my question. Would I still be able to install the CPU cooler even though the motherboard is that large?

Yes, you are still good. The E-ATX motherboard will extend another inch to the right, but the cpu socket is still in the same place. Motherboard size will not affect AIO installation. Reach issues are rare and typically only occur in gigantic cases like 1000D where radiator mount position to cpu socket is longer than the ~16 inch hose length. 

Edited by c-attack