Corsair Community

Latest iCUE update broke my iCUE on startup

I am currently running a fully updated Windows 11 and just installed the latest version of iCUE. iCUE initially works fine, but glitches out when trying to start from system log on/reboot. I have tried doing a fresh uninstall/reinstall and even recreated my entire profile to no resolution. I found this error in my event viewer that seems to correlate with the issue when starting up iCUE. 

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 4.23.137.0, time stamp: 0x62583d66
Faulting module name: iCUE.dll, version: 4.23.137.0, time stamp: 0x62583c9b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000129bb58
Faulting process id: 0x2cd0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85ab5c2e9a3c5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.dll
Report Id: a4f2499a-454d-48e0-a6a1-2ff047b7b5d1
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

The simple solution now is to just start iCUE manually after system log on, but you can see how having to do this every time is less than ideal.

Your help is greatly appreciated! 

• Corsair Employees

If you have fast boot enabled try disabling that and see if the issue persists. Also try the clean uninstall/install instructions below and see if that resolves the issue. 

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

I have tried the clean uninstall/reinstall method as mentioned in my prior post. I do have fastboot disabled since it causes issues with the Z690 chipset. In other threads people are also reporting identical issues all Windows 11. Please investigate or let me know if I can provide anything further to you to fix this issue.

Having the same issue.  Last update broke startup functionality.  iCUE starts sometimes but crashes almost immediately (I can tell by the change from hardware lighting, to profile lighting, and then back to hardware lighting on crash).  Also the iCUE system tray icon either becomes unresponsive or disappears altogether.  This happens regardless of fast boot being on or not.

I have tried the clean uninstall and reinstall suggestion, but that didn't fix the issue. 

I have also tried to toggle OFF the "Start on the System Startup" option in iCUE and then creating my own startup shortcut via shell:startup command using shortcuts for either iCUE.exe or iCUE Launcher.exe.  Either works using this method, but has the unwanted side effect of opening the iCUE window in the foreground on boot (which I can quickly click close by clicking X, but is still a nuisance).  Setting the shortcut window run property to "minimized" instead of normal also doesn't change anything.

FYI:  I had no updates to windows [11] between the time iCUE was working, and the time that the new update was installed. Nor did I change any hardware.  This seems to be purely inherent to iCUE's latest build.

I gave up since it doesn’t seem like Corsair wants to acknowledge this being a wide spread issue on Windows 11 systems and ended up doing a clean uninstall/reinstalling version 4.22.203 which has zero problems. The only thing that sucks is if you have a profile backup from 4.23 you will not be able to use it with 4.22 and will have to redo all settings from scratch.

The latest version as all the previous one is always having issues at some point, and what make me scared is that the software don't manage the temperature well. If you set the default profile the fan stop and temperature goes high until computer shutdown. So, it's 100% speed or nothing, it looks like the software don't adjust the fan speed as temperature goes high.

2 hours ago, jjwrongjj said:

Are you using Windows 11 RTM or Beta or Dev channel ?

Standard fresh install of Windows 11 pro retail not even 2 months old since I recently built my Z690 rig. Not using any insider updates, beta's etc. Just to add to this I have a second pc also running Windows 11 pro latest updates that has the same exact issue with 4.23 which downgrading to 4.22 resolved the problem again. If you look in the release notes forum post for 4.23 at least 3-4 people have the same exact issue as myself all Windows 11. 

I have the exact same error (0x000000000129bb58) and the exact issue too with 4.23, but on Windows 10.

Windows 11 happening here too