Jump to content
Corsair Community

LCD Display Upgrade - Cooler Firmware


FaviousM
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm hoping someone might have already been through this and can let me know what order to do things.

So I'm going to be getting H115i and the LCD Upgrade. In the LCD Upgrade's manual it talks about the cooler's firmware needs to be up to date.

Does it have to be done in this order? Or can I install the screen on the cooler, then install the cooler and finally update the cooler's firmware to make the screen work?

Otherwise I'll have to install the cooler stock to get the firmware updated and then turn everything back off to work on the computer and install the screen on the cooler after the fact

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees

As the Quick Start Guide points out you will need to update the firmware before you install the LCD Upgrade kit. 

image.png.50784ead39d266242fc0e21323d7d707.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

As the Quick Start Guide points out you will need to update the firmware before you install the LCD Upgrade kit. 

image.png.50784ead39d266242fc0e21323d7d707.png

I understand that the manual mentions to upgrade the firmware first, but the question is, will it actually break/damage either the cooler or LCD component if the firmware update is done after the screen is installed?

So I'm not asking about what the correct way to do it is but rather, can I actually render the product unusable if I do it the wrong way around. i.e. can the 'general fault (!) error' be fixed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
11 minutes ago, FaviousM said:

I understand that the manual mentions to upgrade the firmware first, but the question is, will it actually break/damage either the cooler or LCD component if the firmware update is done after the screen is installed?

So I'm not asking about what the correct way to do it is but rather, can I actually render the product unusable if I do it the wrong way around. i.e. can the 'general fault (!) error' be fixed

 

59 minutes ago, FaviousM said:

I'm hoping someone might have already been through this and can let me know what order to do things.

So I'm going to be getting H115i and the LCD Upgrade. In the LCD Upgrade's manual it talks about the cooler's firmware needs to be up to date.

Does it have to be done in this order? Or can I install the screen on the cooler, then install the cooler and finally update the cooler's firmware to make the screen work?

Otherwise I'll have to install the cooler stock to get the firmware updated and then turn everything back off to work on the computer and install the screen on the cooler after the fact

Your original post and questions were answered by my reply. Failure to follow the installation instructions can lead to errors/damage, and any damage/corruption that occurs from incorrectly installing the product is not covered by the warranty.

In other words we highly suggest that you follow the installation instructions instead of attempting to install the product in any other manner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...