Corsair Community

Issue with ICUE and one fan

Hello, yesterday night the back fan started to make a bad noise, I opened the case and pressed it a bit and it stopped.

Today I turned on the PC and it started again. I tried to load ICUE and check the RPMs of the fans, I have 3 front fans, 2 on top of H100I elite capellix and 1 rear.

All the fans are responding to ICUE (tried to put Zero RPM on the front and top fans and they stop) but the faulty fan, wich is number 6, is not responding. It doesn't change speed and I think the noisy problem is when it's not near 1500 RPM. In the screenshot you can see I put zero on fan 6 but it's still going normal (no noise at the moment tho).

All the fans are connected to ICue commander, I've tried to change fan 6 to fan 3 but nothing changed. I've check the back fan connector and it has 1 less pin than the others, no idea if that's relevant, is that maybe why I can't control the speed with ICUE?

The case is corsair 4000x, back noisy fan is Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB PRO

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Corsair Employees

The issue is going due to the fact that the fan is a 3-Pin DC fan instead of a 4-pin PWM fan.. The Commander Core that comes with your H100i Elite Capellix cooler does not support 3-pin DC fans, and only supports 4-pin PWM fans

1 hour ago, Corsair Notepad said:

The issue is going due to the fact that the fan is a 3-Pin DC fan instead of a 4-pin PWM fan.. The Commander Core that comes with your H100i Elite Capellix cooler does not support 3-pin DC fans, and only supports 4-pin PWM fans

Ok I understand. Do you think the fan is broken tho? He worked fine for 6 months, is there a way to control the speed of it, maybe I should attach him directy to the mobo and control it over bios? I'm not very skilled with fans 😅

• Corsair Employees

The fan when plugged into the Commander Core will just run at a constant 100%. If that is your only 3-pin DC fan then I would recommend you plug it into a fan header on your motherboard and control it via BIOS.

I see, thanks. I will try to connect it to a fan header on the mobo, the fan is not going at 100% right now, that's why it's making that bad noise. Maybe I have to replace it but first I will try to connect to the mobo and control it with the bios. Ty