Corsair Community

K70 RGB MK.2 LP certain keys repeat

Yaboze

I'm having an issue with my K70 RGB MK.2 LP (low profile). I can verify that the "a" key sometimes repeats. The settings for repeat have been lowered in Windows 10. There might be other keys, but if I type fast, or just randomly, I'll get multiple "a" 's, if I type "a". 

Like the name "adam", will come out as "aaadam" or "adaam". 

Any ideas? There are no new firmware downloads in iCue. It's plugged into my motherboard, not a USB hub.

Thanks

Edited by Yaboze

Could be a physical issue with the A key.  Carefully pop that one off and blow some air over it.  Possible some dust or something else is affecting actuation.

You also can try the standard software glitch fix of running a repair install from Windows Apps menu.  Select Corsair iCUE and 'modify' from the drop down menu.  This is a quick low risk check that will not erase profiles or settings, but does often clear up weird issues.  

I'll try it, but this keyboard is like a month old and is clean.

Not sure what to do now. It's still doing it after I carefully removed the key, cleaned it, used an air duster, etc.

Quit CUE and see if this continues when the software is not active. That may help determine the next step. 

Start a support ticket with Corsair as well in the event this cannot be resolved. 

• 4 weeks later...

It seems this issue is happening more and more now. Including myself and the keys seem to be failing randomly. did you resolve yours? I am guessing you just returned it where you purchased it at? As it be faster and easier that way.

The odds of something falling between the stem and the sides are very uncommon. As it has a low tolerance as well. You would probably have better odds of hitting the lottery.  Much less trying to blow something back out that tiny space.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I know it's been a while but I have kind of isolated it, but not fixed it. I don't believe it's a keyboard hardware issue.

It's related to iCue running. When I close it, the problem goes away. If I restart iCue, it seems ok, for a while, then reverts. So, it's something hosing up iCue, I am running the latest version.

New update. Setting keyboard polling rate rom 1,000 to 500 hz fixed it.

I take it back, problem has resurfaced. sigh. Still, iCue related...

After some further use, I can say that regardless of iCue running or not, the keyboard repeats keys. I have retried resetting it, clearing memory, 4 versions of iCue going back to December 2021, tried it with and without iCue, different USB ports...everything.

Go on Amazon and look at the 1 star reviews. Tons of people complaining about repeating letters since 2019. Not looking good.

If you saw how many corrections I have had to do on these posts because of this, you'd flip. Stay clear of this one.

On 4/27/2022 at 5:27 PM, c-attack said:

Quit CUE and see if this continues when the software is not active. That may help determine the next step. 

Start a support ticket with Corsair as well in the event this cannot be resolved. 

On 6/4/2022 at 2:07 AM, Yaboze said:

After some further use, I can say that regardless of iCue running or not, the keyboard repeats keys

That's a physical issue with the keyboard.  Start a support ticket with Corsair so it can be replaced.