Corsair Community

ICUE 4.22.203.0 crashing

I've noticed after I updated ICUE a few weeks ago that I started getting system crashes. I don't think the crashes are related to ICUE, but I also get this error in my event viewer a few minutes before the crash occurs. I've also noticed now that even though I have ICUE enabled at startup, it doesn't synch my RGB across devices until I open ICUE manually. Here is the error log in Windows 11 event viewer. I was following a user's post with a similar issue, but I noticed our error logs had much different information in regards to the faults.

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 4.22.203.0, time stamp: 0x62331df7
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7e
Faulting process id: 0x56d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8535814cca3b2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 96aa52bf-96b6-4ab9-932b-f8692696cf34
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

It is definitely icue. Uninstall and see if system crashes. I have the same issue before I rolled it back to an earlier version. There are tons of reports of the new 4.22.203 crashing systems after install.

• Corsair Employees

The error itself shows that iCUE is crashing due to a faulting system level DLL. This points to other third-party software causing a conflict resulting in a crash of iCUE. Most of the time its really old and outdated third-party RGB software/services running in the background. iCUE alone is not going to cause a system to hard crash and it is going to point towards other software as the root cause.

I think it was the weird Viper RGB software that Asus installs when you have one of their motherboards. I uninstalled all of their pre baked rgb stuff except for the aura synch and Icue hasn't crashed since. 

• 2 months later...

Faulting application name: iCUE.exe, version: 4.24.193.0, time stamp: 0x627bd766
Faulting module name: AudioDeviceConfigLib.dll, version: 2.3.36.0, time stamp: 0x6243fb21
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000ab3c
Faulting process id: 0xe70
Faulting application start time: 0x01d88ee5e429d7d6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\iCUE.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software\AudioDeviceConfigLib.dll
Report Id: b8b1d4b4-dfb5-411a-bf99-f6a538b85b94
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I literally just made an account on here just to comment. Receiving the same Error message out of nowhere...Nothing has changed on my machine except for updating to the latest software. Now, every time I click on any built in Hardware profile, it crashes. I've followed your guide on doing a fresh install as well. Nothing seems to fix this. Please help.