Corsair Community

K70 Vengeance replacement

Hi all. I have a Corsair K70 Vengeance (Cherry red switches - not RGB) that I've owned since they first came out. I'm a pounder, so I purchased key damping o-rings to make it a little quieter.

It's the best keyboard I've ever had, but it's time for a replacement. I'm not a gamer, but as a writer and a translator, I type a tremendous amount of words.

I did purchase a Strafe RGB keyboard some time back. It's a good keyboard, but I don't like the key action. It's squishy, kind of like having a sponge under the key. I used it and got accustomed to it, but I never really liked it. Besides, I hate the function key volume control and really missed the rolling volume control as I use it a lot.

That said. I prefer Corsair over any of the others I've tried at the local stores. The Razor, Logitech, HyperX keyboards don't sport the key action of the K70. I hate the clicky keyboards, such as the K60, and although I haven't tried it, the K100 is a little out of my price range.

Without purchasing a refurbished K70 Vengeance, are there any suggestions as to Corsair's other keyboards that have the same key action?

• Corsair Employees

Hi Apalix,

What "switch" type was on the Strafe RGB, do you know? 

Also, do you potentially want something that has an even lighter keypress, allowing for slightly faster typing in theory?