Corsair Community

3rd NightSword RGB RMA'd

This is the 3rd NightSword i have RMA'd and I do not know what is up with these Omron Swithces but clearly they are failing. And by failing I mean all of my NightSwords keeps failing in less than one year.

I know switches can fail over time, but 3 mice and less than one year at a time pr mouse sounds fishy to me!

And a fast google search tells me there are two omron types, the japanese and the chinese. I do not know what is installed in my mouse and maybe someone can inform me.

Is there a specific way to know if a mouse is equipped with japanese or chinese omron switches?

NS RGB.PNG

Posted (edited)

Edited by Arapaima

they are all equipped with 20 or "50 million clicks" Omron switches, so you have a guarantee they will fail in 2 or 3 months basically.

There is no solution to it besides soldering your own switches, or getting a mouse with optical switches i guess (like the M65 Ultra). That's not specific to Corsair by the way.

I have a Nightsword, two wired G502 and a wireless G502, i had to change the switches on all of them after a few months

For everyone else that might not know, DOT NOT PEEL OFF STICKER where you plug the usb in motherboard for RMA purpose. There is a little paper stick on cable with serial number. I took my off for cleaner look and my RMA got denied.

I also tried looking into i cue software before sending it in, and couldn’t find any serial number reference for the mouse.

They will return the mouse back and I have to find better buttons to try and solder on.

And this is the sticker they were talking about

D89837CE-48B3-4633-86AF-63A213F47F22.jpeg