Corsair Community

How to connect Ball Valve to loop

I'm looking to build my first watercooling rig, and want to add the ball valve to the loop. However, it looks to me that it's female openings on either end, so how do you actually connect it to the loop? I'll get a XF Rotary Y connector to split the line to attach the ball valve to, but what do you use to connect it to the Y-connector?

You need a double sided "extender" that is threaded on both sides.  Corsair does not specifically sell them, but the OEM partner does.  It's a standard G 1/4 fitting and technically any brand works.  These also come in various sizes, but the ball valve is long enough already so you likely want short.  5mm is the shortest I know of.

G 1/4 Extender 5mm

Some people also do this by running a tube from the pump and then connecting the ball valve at the end.  This allow you to tuck it out of sight and then bring it out when it's time to drain.  Still likely need the 5mm extender to connect the tube to the ball valve, but there are other specialty pieces out there that can work on that end as well.  

Edited by c-attack

I used an extender that also swivels which can be handy at times.  Here is the link...

G1/4" Matt Black Rotary G1/4" Extender

Both types work the same way (the one c-attack mentioned and this one).

As an FYI, Bitspower is the original equipment manufacturer for Corsair's liquid cooling fixtures, which means that they are visually compatible if one is looking for a consistent design.

Edited by Latharion

For what it's worth I used this on my bottom radiator to install the drain valve.  works quite well.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Fittings/hydro-x-adapter-config/p/CX-9055016-WW

2 hours ago, VeriSkye1123 said:

For what it's worth I used this on my bottom radiator to install the drain valve.  works quite well.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Fittings/hydro-x-adapter-config/p/CX-9055016-WW

Ya, my plan was to put one of those in the loop as well, but I couldn't figure out how to attach the ball valve off of that. Seems strange that Corsair offers the ball valve, but no way to attach it to your loop without getting third-party components.

I ended up using a small length of flexible tubing and attached it at the end of that.  not really noticeable though if you do notice it admittedly looks a bit odd.  With that being said though it makes attaching a drain hose much much easier.

Okay, that makes sense. But in that scenario, I'd still need 2 additional compression fittings to connect the tube to the ball valve right? I guess the thing that has me lost is why the one end of the ball valve looks like it comes off? Why aren't both ends the same?

because.. you need to fit the valve's actual ball, and the seals 🙂

the body is always in two pieces