Corsair Community

H100i Elite Capellix hardware lighting not saving

lordrichter

I moved my H100i (summer 2021 vintage) to a different system (original system upgraded to an H150i).  On the old system, I had successfully set the hardware lighting color so that it would boot and not be in rainbow mode. 

When I moved to the new system, I used the Commander Core that came with the H150i, rather than ripping the H100i commander core out of the old system, as that one has 6 RGB fans attached, and it works, and I didn't want to break it. 

The H100i in the new system went ahead with Rainbow until I set up hardware lighting (all white), at which time it decided that I wanted all red.  Both fans and pump. No flashing.  Fans run. Pump runs. Temps are fine, confirmed by letting it run in BIOS..  Goes to red immediately when iCue closes.  Stays red on Boot until iCue starts.  Behaves exactly like what I would expect if I had set the hardware lighting to Red.  Except, I did not, and iCue says it is white.

Updated all software that wanted to be updated, including motherboard drivers.  Unplugged everything and let it sit for a few minutes to see if maybe a cold start would fix things.  Changed to a different USB header on motherboard, and checked all USB connections.  Pump is wired to Commander Core.  Pump is connected to motherboard CPU_FAN. 

Except for the red when iCue is not running, everything seems normal and functioning as expected. 

Am I missing something, or is this a bug/defect somewhere?