Corsair Community

Does this pump graph of the h100i pro look normal?

Was just wondering if this is normal or not and if not what could be wrong

Screenshot 2022-04-09 082110.png

Screenshot 2022-04-15 040454.png

It is normal, especially on the Pro series coolers. There are two things in play. First, the CUE graph scale resizes to the data. You don’t actually have a lot of variance so it narrows the range and makes tiny 30 rpm changes look like mountains. 

The second part of this is how the Pro series reports pump rpm. It’s taking a measurement every 2 seconds and records the number of raw revolutions. However, it then rounds the value prior to multiplying by 30 to turn the 2 second interval into a revolutions per minute number. As a result, the pump rpm on the Pro series always moves in jumps of 30. 2070, 2100, 2130, etc. Combined with the above, it accentuates the mountain effect. In reality it’s not moving as much as you think. 69.48, 69.51, 69.49, and 69.50 are all extremely tight data numbers for a high speed device, but would display as 2070, 2100, 2070, 2100 in each 2 second interval. You get the 30 rpm jumps as the raw revolutions straddle the rounding line. 

Edited by c-attack

Thank you i was concerned as i added another exaust fan for more cooling.

i set the pump to extreme and it made a wierd noise and the graphing was alll over the place this thing is dying

this pic is normal but the ones above are not

Screenshot 2022-04-16 173558.png

I am not entirely surprised the pump makes a bit noise of in Extreme mode.  That is the the maximum speed and you likely would only use it in a situation where you have a fair bit of fan speed.  On short length, moderate-low restriction AIO cooling systems, pump speed is not going to be a large factor in the end cooling performance.  However, if the noise is uneven, grindy, or anything other than a consistent, higher pitch 'whir or whine' sound, that might suggest the pump is not quite up to specifications.  Again, do take note of the range not just the peaks and valleys on the graph.  The faster the pump runs, the more normal raw revolution variance will increase.  That will make the the rounding effect display in a more dramatic way, but it still may only be have a 2 position 60 rpm variance.