Corsair Community

light/colour changing after pressing the key

vikxx3

Hey guys,

do u know if its possible to change the colour of a pressed key? For example from red to blue and when i press it again it changes back to red? I got the k95 platinum. Another possibilty would be to get some sort of light out of that key for 10s or sth. So that i can recognize that i used that key already. 

Cheers

Sort of, although you are a bit in between modes.

The below is a "Solid" light effect set to trigger on key press.  It releases back to the base layer color after 10 seconds, but that can be extended further.  I am guessing at what I think your intentions are and the "stop on key press" won't work because ALL keyboard key are stop keys.  For example, you press "F" and it lights up, but when you press Shift or any other key it will immediately go out as the "stop key" was pressed.  You also can do this with a gradient for a more subtle switch to the base layer, but I don't think that's the goal it also makes the desired timing slightly more difficult to pin down.  However if input timing is critical, you can use the gradient like a timer by using a 3rd color at the end like a warning light.  See 2nd example with a yellow shift with 1.5 seconds left on the timer.  No matter which method you use, make sure you select "Start: On Key Pressed", play on pressed key right below, and then Stop: After 1 time.  (*Lighting time in 1st shot should be 10 sec, not 1.0s).

Screenshot (173).png

Screenshot (188).jpg

Edited by c-attack

2 hours ago, c-attack said:

Sort of, although you are a bit in between modes.

The below is a "Solid" light effect set to trigger on key press.  It releases back to the base layer color after 10 seconds, but that can be extended further.  I guessing at what I think your intentions are and the "stop on key press" won't work because ALL keyboard key are stop keys.  For example, you press "F" and it lights up, but when you press Shift or any other key it will immediately go out as the "stop key" was pressed.  You also can do this with a gradient for a more subtle switch to the base layer, but I don't think that's the goal it also makes the desired timing slightly more difficult to pin down.  However, it input timing is critical, you can use the gradient like a timer by using a 3rd color at the end like a warning light.  See 2nd example.  No matter which method you use, make sure you select "Start: On Key Pressed", play on pressed key right below, and then Stop: After 1 time.  (*Lighting time in 1st shot should be 10 sec, not 1.0s).

Screenshot (173).png

Screenshot (188).jpg

Thank u for ur amazing and detailed answer! Just two more questions.

How far could the lighting time be extended until like 60s? 

And is it possible to lighting more keys at once or will they get canceled by each other? So for example if i just hit the number 1 and after 15s i press number 2 will the number 1 get stopped by that or keep its remaining 45s , if we asume i had put the lighting on 60s right. 

Typically maximum value in CUE is 99 seconds, LEDs, etc., but I have not done a lot of testing with extreme lighting timers like 99 seconds.  

When using the 'play on pressed key', other key input will not end the original lighting effect as it is set-up above.  So pressing "2" will not cancel the light change on "1".  However, pressing "1" again will put the effect back at start of the timer for the number 1 key.  For example if I set this up with a 5 second lighting time and then press 1-2-3-4-5-1 in order at a 1 second interval, the lights will sequentially go out after 5 seconds in order 2-3-4-5-1, because I hit the 1 key again and reset its time to 5 seconds.  

Edited by c-attack