Corsair Community

Corsair XD3 lighting error?

Hi guys, 

I have the Corsair Mirror black case which finally has all the same SP120RGB elite fans (see prev. post RE diagnosing this iCue error): 

Anyway - My entire case is Corsair - everything is displaying red from iCUE except the XD3 pump. The corsair logo on the pump displays red, but the outer ring continually stays blue. Is this meant to occur or is it meant to be red also? It just looks out of place. I've tried everything to get it to sync but nothing works. Also, with the Corsair custom water block, are the 4 LED lights at the front of the block meant to be that dull (guessing the lighting comes from underneath and is meant to travel through?)

Cheers,

Byron 

Computer 1.jpg

Computer 2.jpg

iCUE.jpg

No, it should be red.  However, "scenes" are a master override lighting layer on top of your existing lighting on the device level.  Turn off the scene and then go to the Commander or Lighting Node Pro that controls the XD3 lighting.  Set a static color and then try white, red (255,0,0), green (0,255,0), and blue (0,0,255) to test the LEDs.  It is possible there is a software level glitch preventing the scene from overriding the LEDs, but a defective LED interfering with control is more common.  

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1

Sorry. This is always a royal pain because you’ll have to drain the loop. You may be able to swap the entire unit with the Vendor. If you contact Corsair Support, they might send you a new strip which theoretically might mean less down time as you could do the swap in one go. I can’t be sure on that and you’ll have to see what works best for you. 

If you want to cover your bases you could connect the XD3 RGB connector to a different rgb led port and then see if it still is stuck. You can also test it the other way by connecting a RGB strip to the current XD3 led port. However, i am assuming the XC7 cpu block is sharing the RGB path with the XD3 and since it is not affected, the port can’t be the issue. The Corsair logo is LED 1 and it seems pretty clear it’s LED 2 that is the glitch. 

• Like 1

Thanks c-attack. I have contacted Corsair Customer Service for assistance to RMA/return etc. I've tried the pump on multiple ports through the Commander Pro and always the same issue with it not syncing. The LED1 is always correct, but LED2 (outer strip) always does it's own thing.