Corsair Community

Sp120 and Crystal 570X RGB case

I have a Crystal 570X RGB case an i recently bought a sp120 fan, the same as the case fans that came with the case. I connected it to the case's contoller on the numbered 4th slot but the fan only shows a different shade of white than the other 3 that came with the case, i cannot change fan speed, color or mode in the new sp. 

I switched the 1st and the 4th slot of the controller and then the original 3 fans didnt show any colors while the new sp120 continued displaying white without changing anything. No matter what i do the new sp120 wont work and idk why but the sp120s that came with the case somehow depend for them to be wired at the slots 1-3

Are you sure it’s the same SP fan?  As the user in the other post stated, you can only use “SP-RGB” model fans (the same as on the front of the case) on the controller together. If you bought a SP-Pro or SP-Elite RGB fan this is not the same thing. The “SP-RGB” are not compatible with any other fan type. 

9 hours ago, c-attack said:

Are you sure it’s the same SP fan?  As the user in the other post stated, you can only use “SP-RGB” model fans (the same as on the front of the case) on the controller together. If you bought a SP-Pro or SP-Elite RGB fan this is not the same thing. The “SP-RGB” are not compatible with any other fan type. 

i read somewhere that they would be compatible, guess not so my fault on that, is there a way to make them compatible like with a controller or sum?

Unfortunately not.  While it's best to use the same fan type on the same controller, all the other fans can mixed together and you can still do basic solid colors and other non-sequential patterns.  However, the original SP-RGB from ~2016 is something different.  It was the first Corsair 5v RGB fan and it's physically different.  Adding one to anything will make a mess immediately and the reverse is true in this situation as well.  

Your least expensive option here is to return the SP-Pro/Elite and see if you can find an older SP-RGB on eBay or other 3rd party market.  It should be relatively cheap as they don't have much use beyond your situation here.  

12 hours ago, c-attack said:

Unfortunately not.  While it's best to use the same fan type on the same controller, all the other fans can mixed together and you can still do basic solid colors and other non-sequential patterns.  However, the original SP-RGB from ~2016 is something different.  It was the first Corsair 5v RGB fan and it's physically different.  Adding one to anything will make a mess immediately and the reverse is true in this situation as well.  

Your least expensive option here is to return the SP-Pro/Elite and see if you can find an older SP-RGB on eBay or other 3rd party market.  It should be relatively cheap as they don't have much use beyond your situation here.  

well i dont really care to go into such trouble, it was 17euros spent and now ill just use the fan without rgb as an exhaust, maybe when ill upgrade my pc in the future ill buy lls or the newest and a controller suitable for their controll