Corsair Community

Temperature effect on keyboard?

Ceceli

I'm guessing Temperature effect is something exclusive to my RAM memory and I'm only being able to use it on my keyboard because of the Lighting Link feature. Is that correct?

I want to use the Temperature effect on my arrow keys ONLY. But the software forces the Lighting Link on my mouse and RAM memory aswell.

Is there a way to fix this?

• Corsair Employees

Hi @Ceceli,

it's correct that unfortunately it's not possible to apply this effect to the keyboard only since it's a lighting link effect.

However it can be applied to only the arrow keys. Just select them iCue either by click + hold Ctrl or by selecting the arrow keys only with your mouse.

Best regards,

LandLubber

Temperature.jpg

You also can tailor lighting link effects to specific devices by initially creating it on any device, then “hiding” the effect on those where you don’t want it. So if I want lighting link “color wave” system wide but not on my RAM, click on the effect in the RAM lighting effects screen to hide it, then create a new lighting effect above it for the RAM zone only. 

Thanks, Corsair LandLubber.

And thanks, c-attac. That worked. There was no option to hide it, but you just placed the layer with the color setting I wanted on my mouse on top, giving it priority over the link temperature. Now it's just like I want it 🙂

PS.: This thing is not letting me know by email when I get answers, hence why I'm replying just now.

If you click on the small color box to left of the word “Lighting Effect: Lighting Link” in the Lighting Layers section it should change to a greyed out eye with a line to show the effect is now hidden. You can hide individual effects in this way on most devices.

Besides the purpose described above, this is also useful when trying to compare two different effects since changing the preset will reset both custom color and speed. As you noticed CUE has a top down hierarchy so an effect higher up on the lighting layer list takes priority. However, all effects are active unless hidden so any top effect with “space” or unlit parts of its pattern will show the underlying effects during those moments. This can be done deliberately as well, like a color wave over a white background, etc.