Corsair Community

Issues with SP RGB Fans?

Are there known issues with the longevity of the LED's in the SP Fan range?

I have now got 5 failures of the RGB LED's losing a colour. One SP elite120 went out so i replaced it, but now I have noticed 4 others currently in the system (3 elite and 1 pro) with LED failures, some more than one. When you set a static colour it either does not display or displays wrong. So in each of them pure white has multiple LED's with a yellow tinge,  so an issue with the Red LED? When set to Red there is no colour from some of them. 

They are all on a commander Pro, doubt this is the issue? 

What do i do, can these be RMA'd? my HD fans are still mint after many years!

Contact Corsair Support from the main website or the link at the bottom of the page. The SP-Elite are comparatively new, so we don’t have a multi-year span to assess. However, that is something rarely reported for the 8 LED SP-Pro. The only serial failure complaints involved the QL 34 LED series from a particular manufacturing run.

Regardless, 5 fans burning out LEDs in one go is a lot. In your shoes I might take a look at how the controller is sharing power on the SATA line (with multiple devices or HDDs?) or if your PSU is struggling to maintain a consistent 5v supply. A bit hard to assess without a digital multimeter but if you set fans to 100% white and see the 5v rail reported for the Commander Pro drop to ~4.60 it would stand to reason its not able to keep a steady load. 

I do have a multi meter so can check. To be honest I never attributed it to that, that's really interesting!

My PC is a bit full to be honest and I have been WFH for the last 2 years so its always on. Saying that one of the fans is from a h150i capellix I only put in Christmas time.

I have 11 120mm Corsair RGB fans (one in a power supply), 4 SSD's, one HDD, 2 AIO's (one on a NZXT bracket for the GPU). 

I'll take it all apart and have a look!