Corsair Community

CORSAIR iCUE H170i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler screw holes issue

Hi everyone.

I bought the CORSAIR iCUE H170i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler in late February, but didn't start to try and install it until today. Was working up the courage to finally use an AIO vs an air cooler.

However, one of the screws to install the fans doesn't want to be screwed down into the screw hole. Pretty much only goes in a few millimeters and then stops. Every other screw went in just fine and this was naturally the very screw I needed to screw in fan-wise. I bought it from Newegg from Newegg directly (not a 3rd-party seller) as a new product. Is there a way to get a replacement radiator or I'm out $220?

Is your radiator straight? mine was not and a hole or two are misaligned. Might be worth checking.

It’s possible the radiator is misaligned, but it’s not a common occurrence. My general advice when you run into this is to slightly loosen the other three screws and then try tightening the troublesome one down. If you torque 2-3 corners a bit too tightly you can lift the fan out of alignment and that’s not hard to do if you are assembling in the case. If this is sitting on a workbench and your standing straight over the top, then something probably is bent. 

In either case, you should not be out of luck with warranty and return options. 

Edited by c-attack