Corsair Community

Compatibility between SP 120 RGB PRO fans, SP120 ELITE fans, and the Commander Core

Okay so I decided to start a fresh new build. I went with a Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB Case that has x3 pre-installed fans. The entire build is:

• ASUS TUF X570 Plus MOBO
  • RTX 3070 TI EVGA XC3 Ultra
  • 4x8gb DDR4 RGB RAM (can't remember the name of it)
  • CORSAIR CX750F RGB PSU
  • Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler (with the Commander Core and two SP120 ELITE fans)
  • x1 Corsair SP120 Elite fan (for exhaust)

I realized that the preinstalled fans that are in the case probably won't work the way I want them to with the Corsair fans. I don't want to drop more money than I need to, and in for my old PC I have the 220T case that comes with x3 preinstalled SP120 PRO fans. I want to know if I can connect the SP120 PRO fans to the Commander Core. If I am understanding correctly, the Pro fans are DC and the Elite fans are PWM. I am not too concerned about controlling fan speed, I just want to know if I can connect the Pro fans to the Commander Core with the Elite fans and the AIO, or if I will need to bring over my lightning node from my 220T to make it work.

All of this RGB compatibility stuff gives me a headache and I would appreciate any help/ feedback/ suggestions. There is no documentation on any of this stuff so hopefully one of you can help me out. Thanks in advance!

SP-Pro, SP-Elite, and ML-Elite are all are RGB compatible and collectively referred to as “8 LED fan series” in CUE. You can mix and match on the Commander Core RGB side without issue and the program does not distinguish one from the other. They all have identical RGB geometry. 

As stated, the issue will be the DC motor SP-Pro on the PWM only Commander Core controller. You’ll want to leave the fan control wires on the motherboard for the SP-Pro.