Corsair Community

how to achieve rotary stack, infinity, and sequential on 6+ fans

TWISTEDSIXES

i have a commander core connected to the pigtail of the commander core XT but i still cannot use these lighting types, what am i missing here?? i just want rotary stack to be all in sync on my 8 fans around my case but since 2 are connected to the core XT; the fans are listed under a different tab. making them have separate rotary stacks going on. would love some help please and thank you

You can’t and presets are limited to the fans on that device or RGB channel. It is theoretically possible to manually program a rotary stack or other preset by creating the specific on/off LED state for all 8 fans, but that would be complex in the extreme.  The USB port on the XT is just a passthrough and there is no device to device unification.

With 8 fans you likely want to divide you fans between controllers in a way that makes “lighting group” sense based on their location. Whether that’s 4+4, 5+3, or 6+2 is likely not as important as the fan placement and viewing perspective. Putting “side” motherboard wall fans on their own controller to act as background lighting while front, top, rear run the sequential pattern may be more aesthetically pleasing and easier to manage. 

Edited by c-attack