Corsair Community

Ll120 fan flashing white.

Zel

Hey. I have a corsair case, corsair lighting, corsair fans and corsair RAM.

lately random fans have been flashing white. I tried replacing the rgb fan hub but same issue. Tried removing corsair, ending all processes, uninstalling the usb in decive management, forcing firmware updates on all corsair products and nothing is working. Right now I have one fan tha flashes white the moment I power on the pc. I've seen in forums that this is an on going issue and no one seems to have a fix while corsair states its a know issue and are working on it from back in 2018.

What can I do? I'm getting annoyed that my room lights up like a rave at 3am. I've tried all the work around I've seen online and they are temporary at best. I've lost faith in corsair, I've spent lots to get full rgb corsair lighting and we are rewarded with faults.

I will add, even uninstalling all icue software the fans that are flashing still light up. If I plug a different fan into that fans slot then the new fan has the same problem. I really don't think its a fan issue but firmware issue.

Icue stopped recognising all my lighting except for my RAM.

Reinstalled windows 11 and icue, now it picks up all the lighting nodes / Commander pro except it thinks I have 12 fans when I only have 6 and it doesn't pick up anything plugged into the lighting nodes like the strip lighting.

I am so confused. Corsair is way more trouble than its worth.

You must tell CUE what is connected to each RGB channel (LL fan x 6, RGB Strip x 2, etc) in Lighting Setup. Only the newer Commander Core/XT uses an auto-detect protocol. CUE allows you to lie to it, so I can say I have QL x 6 and the UI will show me six double sided fans, but there will still only be 3 ML (or whatever) with an inappropriate lighting effect on the hardware side. 

The “flashing white” is not common. Does this happen when CUE is not running (hardware lighting state)?  Or only when CUE is running?  Consistently flickering, flashing, or erratic behavior at all times is typically what you get when there is a bad LED in the chain. If it only occurs in the software environment then it is more likely to be a software conflict with another RGB program. Those that seek to control other devices aside from their own often get entangled. 

Edited by c-attack

C-attack,

It actually took a couple of installs for Icue to pick up my AIO cooler and commander pro/lighting nodes so i could actually assign the lights. 

The random fans flashing like a strobe seems to be a common enough issue and like i said Corsair replied in a 2018 post that they are aware of this issue, have a google your self and see how many people have had these issues with only temp fixes and no real answers.

it happens with or without corsair software installed and seems to be a firmware issue.

I know what a faulty LED looks like and its not that, the entire fan (all the LEDs) are lit up flashing at the same time. if it was just a singe LED then i would have know it was a LED fault...

it is not software conflict. it is not another RGB software conflict.
It still happened after a complete windows reinstall without installing any RBG software.

most temp fixes stop working once your PC restarts.
The longest lasting temp fix has been to access the fan RGB hub and reorder the fans. 

1 hour ago, Zel said:

Corsair replied in a 2018 post that they are aware of this issue

Anything from 2018 isn’t the same program and there isn’t going to be a direct connection to the current state of affairs. I don’t understand the “12 fans” mentioned above. Is CUE showing duplicate devices, like Commander Pro and Commander Pro(1)?  That is a usb detection issue and a common problem for B550 and X570 owners who usually need a powered usb hub to maintain a solid connection.  It’s possible this might impact the situation below  

The LEDs on most of these devices are a series circuit. When an LED is electrically dead and won’t pass a signal, it’s fairly easy to spot on a half lit fan and all down the line LEDs go off. What’s trickier is when the LED, wire, or RGB port is intermittently passing signal (or failing to do so) and you get chained flickering down the entire series. It’s hard to discern the origin and it can look like other problems. That’s an electrical issue and so it should be present without without CUE running. Since you stated this happens with or without CUE installed and results change slightly when re-ordering fans, there is good reason to believe this is a physical issue.

It’s tedious, but you likely need to test each fan one at a time in port 1 and then build the chain back up. I find it easier to set hardware lighting to static white before starting this so specific red, green, or blue LEDs give themselves away and then test outside the CUE operating environment. It’s also maximum 5v for testing signal.

If these are brand new fans, you may be able to quickly exchange them with the vendor. If not or you don’t want to swap an entire three pack to replace 1 fan, I would start a support ticket with Corsair now to get things rolling along. 

Edited by c-attack