Corsair Community

iCUE not detecting H150i ELITE CAPELLIX or syncing lights

Have a nice build that's Asus and Corsair. iCue for some reason refuses to detect my cooler. It runs and is actively cooling my CPU but the lighting remains on the rainbow default and it's not showing up on the iCue software. I can post some pictures to show what I mean but my other components save one fan seem to work fine. Sorry for the graininess. I am on iCue 4.22.203. None of the components need updates according to iCue.

iCUE components. I occasionally was getting the dreaded USB issue but after updating BIOS and setting my PCI-e versions to Gen 3 it didn't happen as much. Not sure if it's related to this?

spacer.png

The PC. As you can see, the cooler and the back fan are running but default to the rainbow setting. Everything else, even the Asus stuff syncs up fine.

spacer.png

Going to update my own post since I did some more troubleshooting and got it to work, maybe this will help someone. I did a restart, which sometimes will bring the cooler back on iCue before the USB issue disconnects it again (I'm guessing that is the issue and I've done all the workarounds for that to where it only disconnects a few times, not ideal but it is what it is until AMD/Corsair/whoever fixes this). 

Once the cooler showed up in iCUE, I set the Hardware Lighting to match the regular lighting I had set up. When the USB inevitably disconnected the cooler lighting, the lights remained the correct color settings. Sometimes it flickers but at least I have matching lights now.

That will help with the lighting for now, but obviously this is not how things are suppose to work and you are without pump and fan control. Device detection is USB dependent and that appears to be an AMD motherboard. B550, X570, and X470 (with bios updates to x570 compatibility) owners often see this intermittent device connectivity and it is believed to be a result of low voltage output from the motherboard.  USB traffic is routed through the chipset so it is possible to see changes when altering other chipset traffic (pci-e lanes). 

Most users need to utilize a powered USB hub to make up for the difference. These are inexpensive (less than $20 USD) and typically provide a stable connection for 1-4 devices. Some Corsair devices are more dependent than others (fan controllers and AIOs) but since most MBs only have 2 internal usb 2 ports, these tend to be useful regardless. Another solution could be using a internal 9 pin to external type A usb connector for the rear panel, but most will prefer to keep things inside the case. 

I've recently been having the exact same issue, have just upgraded my motherboard Asus B550-E Gaming and first noticed the little warning triangle appearing on the LCD upgrade kit that I had already installed when I had the old MB in the case and as above I lost visibility of the cooler in iCue.

The only thing that I done different was plug my Elgato Facecam in to the back of the MB, previously plugged it in to one of the usb connections at the top of the case, have now reverted back to plugging it in to the top and I never have the issue with the cooler not showing, so as mentioned above there must be some power draw on the rear USB's and it just doesn't like it, not nice having this ugly cable plug in to the top of the case so it looks like I'll be buying a powered USB hub to resolve that.

***EDIT*** I had both cables from my K70 keybaord plugged in to the back of my case for the USB passthrough on the back of the keyboard itself, actually just tried unplugging that as I never use and it I can now keep the Elgato facecam plugged in at the back, must be fine margins with the power draw 😞

Edited by BigBrisy

5 hours ago, BigBrisy said:

first noticed the little warning triangle appearing on the LCD upgrade kit

This will probably be a different issue.  With or without the powered hub, Intel or AMD, the LCD tops have some active issues and the (!) is usually present from the power on state when the devices miss their handshake.  Try the powering down completely, PSU off, then boot back up to reset the Commander Core + LCD top link.  See the thread below.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/176547-elite-lcd-megathread/

• 2 months later...

I am completely new to this forum and apologies for any faux pas!

I have a Asus x570 Pro MB and recently updated BIOS (to 4021) and think that upgrade is when Corsair H115 stopped showing up in the iCUE application but I am not 100% sure.

Did all the workarounds I could find. For example, restarting the ICUE service.  Nothing helped.

However, I did notice some folks talking about changing USB ports.  So I decided to check USB Device Manager and noticed that the "Corsair USBXp" driver was disabled.  Not sure why.  Restarted manually and everything started working.    

Hope this helps.

Edited by Wally81