Corsair Community

Air isn’t leaving reservoir but is going in

The air from my recently built loop doesn’t seem to be leaving my cooling. My loop goes, pump/res > rad > cpu > Gpu > Pump/res . The reservoir is full with coolant and the whole thing can’t get filled any more, but the air is stuck in the tubing and by the time that it goes around and comes to the reservoir it just goes straight through and continues in the loop. Which then I still can’t top up the reservoir, can someone help me please.

Photos could help 🙂

Could be you may need to connect the water return to another port of the XD5.

Max pump speed + some case tilting.  Exactly how is hard to say without knowing what it looks like, but you need to release the air toward the next part of the loop.  It's a bit like the old marble maze game.  If you have an elevated "trap" part of the loop, it can be hard to push the air out of that high point + collection area.  

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, you probably need to tilt the computer. Air is heavier than water, so it will always rise to the highest point in your loop. I had the same problem today where I had a massive air bubble in my rad that feed to my pump/reservoir. So just tilt it on both ends, and side to side, until the air bubble goes through the system.