Corsair Community

Corsair iCUE H100i Pump Failure

Built a brand new PC yesterday and have ran into an issue with my H100i AIO.

The pump was working completely fine for the first 4 hours of setting up my PC, however, While downloading some games, I noticed my fans started flashing red (including the AIO) and the Radiator fans turned up to 100%. This happened a second time about 30 seconds later, so I went into the iCUE software to check temps/coolant.

My coolant was at 32 C and the CPU temps were at 40 so it wasn’t an overheating issue. I installed the latest firmware update and thought I was rid of the issue until later that night, I started downloading games again and it flashed red with the same issue.

Checked coolant/CPU temps and all sub 32 C.  Does anyone know the cause of this issue?

My PC build:

I7-12700k
Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4
iCUE H100i Elite Cap.

Notes:

Plugged into CPU_FAN Header

checked connections to CCore

no temp issues

2 hours ago, TripleCute said:

Checked coolant/CPU temps and all sub 32 C.  Does anyone know the cause of this issue?

There seem to be a few of these false alarms on the Elite series. I am not sure there is a single solution, but try the following. Power down, flip the PSU off, reconnect the tachometer wire to cpu fan (or wherever it’s connected), wait 30 seconds, then power back up. On the way, stop in at the BIOS and set the cpu fan control to full speed, “disabled”, 100%, or any other language your bios uses for 100% at all times. This should have no effect on the cooler at all since this is not a power line, but since most users reporting this are on newer motherboards I am wondering if there is some type of power on delay that triggers this. 

Also, in CUE there is a usually a specific notification that is the trigger for the lights and flashing. You can try turning it off. That won’t address the underlying cause, but may be less annoying. 

If this does not work, contact Corsair Support to log the issue. This has been going on long enough and needs to be resolved, but also there is a chance there is a problem with the tachometer line or pump rpm sensor and you need a new part. 

• 3 months later...

I'm having this exact same issue.  I've had my system up and running fine for about 3 weeks until I got flashing red lights a couple of days ago.  I went into my bios and re-disabled CPU fans, unplugged and turned off my system, and made sure everything was updated but nothing worked.

Contact Corsair Support. This has become a more wide spread issue since this original post. 

• Like 1

• Corsair Employees
On 4/9/2022 at 5:46 AM, TripleCute said:

Built a brand new PC yesterday and have ran into an issue with my H100i AIO.

The pump was working completely fine for the first 4 hours of setting up my PC, however, While downloading some games, I noticed my fans started flashing red (including the AIO) and the Radiator fans turned up to 100%. This happened a second time about 30 seconds later, so I went into the iCUE software to check temps/coolant.

My coolant was at 32 C and the CPU temps were at 40 so it wasn’t an overheating issue. I installed the latest firmware update and thought I was rid of the issue until later that night, I started downloading games again and it flashed red with the same issue.

My PC build:

I7-12700k
Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4
iCUE H100i Elite Cap.

Notes:

Plugged into CPU_FAN Header

checked connections to CCore

no temp issues

Hey there, I am sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with the AIO. Go ahead and contact our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com so our support team can look into this further for you.

• Like 1

Hi. Ive had the exact same issue. Ive contacted your support team twice. No reply. I replaced my unit altogether. All working fine for a short time and then all fans kick on to 100% and i get a pump failure warning. Flashing red. 
ive tried all fixes ive seen on the net. 

clear from a google search that this is an issue with the elite series. Please find a fix