Corsair Community

XC7-Swapping the inlet/output?

cephy70

Greetings! Can I disassemble the XC7 CPU block and turn the jet around so the inlet is on the left and the emblem is still on the bottom? I really don't want to have to cross lines. I understand I can run the flow backwards but I don't want to take the performance hit.

Thank you in advance!

Absolutely. There is a short explanation in the user guide, but essentially you are lifting out the block from the plastic ring and turning it 180 degrees. The “triangle” will be on the other side and now point at the other opening.  If you have an older XC7 with the “loose” plastic jet plate, be careful when opening up the block. It is transparent lightweight plastic and can easily drop to floor at which point it’s like crawling around looking for a contact lens. Newer XC7 models have a fixed jet plate. 

Truth be told my CPU block hasn't arrived yet. 🙂 should be here Tuesday. So the jet plate should be easily reversible?

It's easily reversible either way.  The original jet plate was easy to loose. When you get it, you will the design was tweaked and jet plate attached so you don't wind up on hands and knees looking for it.