Corsair Community

Bad RAM

e3j1c1

I got my RAM in the mail. I opened it up and out came the stick of RAM, followed by a small black box with 8 places where it should be soldered to the stick of RAM. Odd... I thought RAM came pre-assembled.

I would attempt to solder it back on but that may interfere with the warranty and I'm not too confident in my soldering skills. I didn't even put it in my PC to find out if it would blow anything up or fry some expensive parts. I'll leave that for you guys to do :biggrin:

Any way I can send this back for a new one?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Did you send the modules directly to us; we have no problem replacing the module again, but I would contact the RMA department again to get this issue resolve. Sorry about that, and I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks for the fast reply.

No, I haven't sent the module yet. Apparently I need to post here before receiving a RMA number to return it. The retailer has not sent a reply to my email requesting a replacement so I decided to contact Corsair.

• Corsair Employees
Thanks for the fast reply.

No, I haven't sent the module yet. Apparently I need to post here before receiving a RMA number to return it. The retailer has not sent a reply to my email requesting a replacement so I decided to contact Corsair.

Please follow the link in my signature: "I Think I Have a Bad Part. What Do I Do?". Please let me know if you need further help.

Archived