Corsair Community

iCue never the same twice...

essex723

So I have a bit of an issue that I am sure others have had in the past, because it can't only be me that has it.

Every time my computer stats up from a cold boot, or wakes up from sleep mode, it seems to be an absolute crap shoot as to what settings it will pull up SPECIFICALLY for my RAM.

So you know what I am working with here:

EVGA X570 FTW
Ryzen 5800X

EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW3

32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600/CL18 Ram

Corsair H110i V2 AIO

But every time iCue starts, my RAM’s RBG is just totally all over the place.  I go into iCue, and it will only show 1 stick out of 4, 2 of 4, rarely shows 4 of 4, and then the lighting effects are all off, not where they should be, or totally reset to rainbow puke. 

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, used older versions...I get the same results every time.  The same system, same settings I create, but absolutely no consistent use and application when the program starts running. 

It just seems odd that it ONLY does it to the RAM…everything else works, saves, and starts up just fine.   But the RAM…nope.   Something in there just does not want to work properly.  

So who else has seen this happen and knows what the fix is?

• Corsair Employees

The issues you are describing tends to stem from running other RGB controlling software at the same time as iCUE such as Asus's Armoury Crate/AURA, MSI's Mystic Light/Dragon Center/One Center/etc... , or even EVGA's LED Sync that can be installed alongside the X1 Precision software. They will conflict with the iCUE software, preventing it from being able to maintain a connection to the memory causing the issues you are experiencing.

I don't have Aura, Mystic Light, or anything else installed, just iCue and Precision X1, and that is only for my fan profile.  But what you are telling me is that I can't even have the software that has my fan curve running as well!?   That's just ridiculous!

• Like 1

• Corsair Employees
2 hours ago, essex723 said:

I don't have Aura, Mystic Light, or anything else installed, just iCue and Precision X1, and that is only for my fan profile.  But what you are telling me is that I can't even have the software that has my fan curve running as well!?   That's just ridiculous!

If you installed the optional LED Sync along with Precision X1 that is going to be the cause of the issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 3:16 PM, Corsair Notepad said:

If you installed the optional LED Sync along with Precision X1 that is going to be the cause of the issues.

Ok....well now I ONLY have iCue installed and STILL have this issue. 

I turned my PC off earlier to clear out the cache after deleting a lot of old files and stuff, plus I uninstalled a few games, and when I logged back in, iCue only showed 1 of the 4 Corsair memory sticks installed at all!