Corsair Community

Corsair 5000d with 10 QL120 fans, H150i Elite Capellix, Lighting Node, built in PMW hub and Commander Core

Greetings, dear community.

I am super new in PC building and planning on my first tower. I have read a dozen of posts on this forum, on reddit, elsewhere and watched even more video. But I have found none with this specific setup. I want to make sure that my understanding for this specific build is right. And I will appreciate any help, the diagrams would be super useful, if possible.

So I have those 3 parts, which I will use to connect RGB and fans with each other: lighting node, built in PMW hub and Commander Core. I plan on the following:

• Connecting 3 front and 3 side fans to PMW hub (which comes inside the case) and connecting their RGB wires to Lighting Node;
  • Connecting 3 top radiator fans (their RGB wires and power wires) to Commander Core;  
  • Connecting 1 rear fan (it's RGB wire and power wire) to Commander Core.

At this time In PMW hub and Lighting Node I have all ports occupied and 8 out of 12 ports occupied in Commander Core.

• Connecting Lighting Node and PMW hub to RGB and power ports accordingly on Commander Core.

As I understand all fans which are connected to PMW hub will have the same RPM for all of those 6 fans. Will this work as it should for me and is it a good connection idea in general? Diagrams for specifically this components will be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
A

Well you look pretty much all set really. not much to add 🙂

All 6 fans on the PWM hub will have the same speed yes. it's totally fine. You're probably running the side and front as intake so that's what you want usually. no real need to have individual control over the fans.

if ever you want to separate the front and side for some reason, you can always get another powered PWM hub and use another output from the commander core.

The only thing you may want to consider is the radiator placement. If you have a somewhat powerful GPU that puts out a lot of heat, it lay be good to install your radiator in one of the inputs, front or side, do avoid having the GPU warm up the water too much.

But that's always something you can change later if you have problems.

3 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

Well you look pretty much all set really. not much to add 🙂

All 6 fans on the PWM hub will have the same speed yes. it's totally fine. You're probably running the side and front as intake so that's what you want usually. no real need to have individual control over the fans.

if ever you want to separate the front and side for some reason, you can always get another powered PWM hub and use another output from the commander core.

The only thing you may want to consider is the radiator placement. If you have a somewhat powerful GPU that puts out a lot of heat, it lay be good to install your radiator in one of the inputs, front or side, do avoid having the GPU warm up the water too much.

But that's always something you can change later if you have problems.

Thank you very much! Good to know that I got this system right. 

Just one more question, is there anything (like maybe some parts of AIO, which I will need to plug into the Commander Core? Or that is pretty much it and AIO will be powered and RGB lighted via the motherboard?