Corsair Community

Corsair 7000x recommended motherboard

Santoni

the corsair 7000x comes with 4 front usb 3.0 ports is that a single cable that i have to connect to the motherboard? or there are 2 cables? I'm asking this cus if I have to connect 2 cables then I'll have to get a motherboard that has 2 usb 3.0 headers (msi pro z690-A for example) 

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Moin...

ich habe genau das gleiche Problem..... Angeblich soll man sich da einen Adapter/Splitter für kaufen können . Nur leider gibt es sowas nicht! 😒

Gruß Dirk 

Edited by Kontio

On 4/5/2022 at 10:07 AM, Santoni said:

the corsair 7000x comes with 4 front usb 3.0 ports is that a single cable that i have to connect to the motherboard? or there are 2 cables? I'm asking this cus if I have to connect 2 cables then I'll have to get a motherboard that has 2 usb 3.0 headers (msi pro z690-A for example) 

For the front USB 3.x A Ports you will need to have Two 20pin USB 3.x connectors on your motherboard 
You can also get a USB 2.0 adapter from a 10Pin to 20Pin but than the ports connected to that will act as USB 2.0 Ports
There are also some internal USB 3.x Hubs From Moddiy and Sebrent 
However Be aware that the one from Sebrent seems to have issues 
it seems to feedback the standby voltage into the 5 volt Sata connection 
Most recommend not connecting the sata power but this might result in other issues 
The other solution would be to turn off the USB Standby power in your bios
I have not heard of similar issues with the Moddiy 
I Would not recommend using a simple split as most of the time these don't work and give massive issues when connecting two devices that are both the connections that both terminate on the same row of pins (Resulting in all your USB Devices being disconnected from your system)