Corsair Community

Distilled water

kwkard

I'v ehad my hyrdocool ex for about a year now and I'm about ready to flush it out and put fresh water and coolant in. I know I can get the cheapo distilled water from a grocery store, but I have another idea.

I work at a photo lab in walmart and we have a water de-ionizing machine. We use the water out of this to refill our expensive photo printer and processor. So would this be a good water to use, or is dionized water not the same as distilled water?

De-Ionized is distilled water. The types found at the Grocery store are of 2 types, 1. Deep warter wells and 2. Steam distilled water (the more expensive and better one). Which is what I use in my own system (plus a littelle anti- freeze). The Anti-freeze also acts as a coolant additive.

• 2 weeks later...
I've had my hyrdocool ex for about a year now and I'm about ready to flush it out and put fresh water and coolant in. I know I can get the cheapo distilled water from a grocery store, but I have another idea.

I work at a photo lab in walmart and we have a water de-ionizing machine. We use the water out of this to refill our expensive photo printer and processor. So would this be a good water to use, or is dionized water not the same as distilled water?

kwkard,

Since you work at Wal*Mart, go down the isle to the bottled water section. Look for the one gallon size jugs. The distilled water is the one with the purple cap. Read the jug to verify. Usually, there are 30 or more jugs on the self at any given time. The local price at my Wal*Mart is $0.58 cents per gallon.

People use distilled water for irons. It prevents the scale build up on the steam ports of the iron that tap water makes.

DI water is NOT distilled water as posted earlier. However, you can use DI water in the HydroCool without any problems. You will not see any difference with the DI vs. distilled water in the system or with performance.

Stev

Archived