Corsair Community

Graphic card fans

ntzphyr

ICue can only detect one of the three fans on my evga graphics card. It detects the first(no. 1) fan but doesn't detect the other 2. 

ICue also only detects 2 of the 9 temp sensors on the same card.

I realize this might be impossible to do but it would be nice. 🙂

This has been commonly asked for on this last generation of cards. For the fans, often the triple fans are really set up as 1 + 2 fans on a circuit board splitter so this only 2 fans are connected. Just one is not as common, but could also be the same issue. Close CUE and kill the Corsair.Service and CPUID service in the task manager and then load up something like HWiNFO. If it only reports 1 fan in the gpu section, then that’s all there is for CUE too. 

In a similar vein, EVGA’s abundant sensors are only detectable through X1. I suspect that was deliberate, but HWinfo and CUE should see the main gpu diode, hotspot, and VRAM temp. You will see some differences in data provided between generations and card tiers.  You likely run X1 regardless for fan control and other gpu aspects, so that data will always be there. 

It is an older card, but as you said, I too believe it was deliberate, only the first fan is detected. All three are adjustable with Precision X1,

The 2 temp sensors, on the other hand, are constantly exactly (to the 1/100th  degree) fourteen degrees apart, always. There are no sensors detected in Precision X1 that are always 14 degrees different. This second temp was only added maybe 4 or 5 versions ago, so it is fairly recent.

There is a difference between the universal gpu diode, hotspot, and VRAM temp and the sensor values in X1. Those first three are now general data and will appear in most programs, including HWinfo, AIDA64, HWMONITOR, etc.  It is normal for the hotspot temp to be a specific offset from the main gpu temp, although you might see some change between power levels. A 200W load and a 400W or maximum power load should have different offsets.

The exact nature of the X1 measurements is probably on a lower level and unique to X1. Maybe there is more detail in EVGA forums, but I am not aware of any other program that displays them. I suppose you could equate them to the difference between individual cpu core temps and package temperature. Different sensors and while any one specific core exceeding its temperature allowance is a problem, it’s usually the general package temp that is a better indicator of a sustained issue. Same thing here with hotspot and vram temperature.