Corsair Community

Better position of the temperature sensors of the Commander Pro

Hey guys!
I apologize in advance for my bad English 😅
In days I will have to completely disassemble my build full Corsair to give a general clean, so I take this opportunity to change the thermal paste too ...
When I had assembled the pc, I did not mount the 4 temperature sensors of the Commander Pro, and having to disassemble the whole build to clean it I would like to take advantage of it to install them this time.
Do you have any advice for me on where it makes more sense to place all 4 sensors inside the case?
I take this opportunity for another tip, can you recommend a thermal paste suitable for the high temperatures of a Ryzen7 5800x?
Thanks in advance to all those who will help me!

SYSTEM SPEC:
CASE: Corsair 5000D Airflow Black
SCHEDA MADRE: Asus ROG Strix B550 F-Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600mhz CL16 4x8GB
GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX 3070Ti OC
SSD NVMe: Corsair MP600 Gen4
SSD: Samsung 870 QVO
AIO: Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (Top Side)
AIO FAN: 6x Corsair ML120 RGB 2400rpm (3x push + 3x pull)
REAR FAN: 1x Corsair SP120 RGB 1400rpm (exahust)
FRONT FAN: 3x Corsair SP120 RGB 1400rpm (intake)
SIDE FAN: 3x Corsair SP120 RGB 1400rpm (intake)
PSU: Corsair RM850X
PSU CABLE: Corsair Sleeved Black Gen4
CORSAIR ICUE: 1x Commander Core, 1x Commander Pro, 2x Lighting Node Core

Question: Is your AIO configured for intake or exhaust?

At the very least, you'll want one in the front intake airflow (right before the intake fans) and one in the exhaust airflow.

IF the AIO is configured as exhaust, you'll want one in the intake flow of the radiator. If it's configured as intake, you might want one in the exhaust flow (but it'll be close to the liquid temp in most cases).

As for the final one - you'll want it somewhere near your GPU. You may need to play with the exact location but that'll give you an idea of the heat that the GPU is actually dumping into the case.

• Like 1

Exhaust airflow (inside or outside the case) is the prime control source and the best indication of interior ambient temperature.  All the rest are informational or contrast temp points.  The exact positioning may not matter too much, but moving things a bit this way or that can have an impact on the end value.  This matters more for comparison and data analysis vs control. As long as the sensor end isn't touching anything, most positions are OK.  

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 5:58 PM, DevBiker said:

Domanda: Il tuo AIO è configurato per l'aspirazione o lo scarico?

Per lo meno, ne vorrai uno nel flusso d'aria di aspirazione anteriore (proprio prima delle ventole di aspirazione) e uno nel flusso d'aria di scarico.

SE l'AIO è configurato come scarico, ne vorrai uno nel flusso di aspirazione del radiatore. Se è configurato come aspirazione, potresti volerne uno nel flusso di scarico (ma nella maggior parte dei casi sarà vicino alla temperatura del liquido).

Per quanto riguarda l'ultimo, lo vorrai da qualche parte vicino alla tua GPU. Potrebbe essere necessario giocare con la posizione esatta, ma questo ti darà un'idea del calore che la GPU sta effettivamente scaricando nel case.

my AIO is configured in the top case with the fans in the exhaust.
What do you suggest me?
Sorry my bad English, for safety I leave you a picture of my case here, so I'm sure it's clearer than what I wrote!

PXL_20220403_141351139.jpg

1) At the rear exhaust - inside or outside the case. This the best measure of case internal temperature and your need for fan speed. This is the fan control sensor. 

2) Behind the front intake fans. This is mostly for information or a contrast to the exhaust air temp. 

Anything else is only if you want the information. It only takes 1 sensor to be the fan control. If you want the fans on the other Commander to match the one connected to the pump, you can put a temp sensor on the top of the radiator. Exhaust air temp from the radiator will be approximately equal to the coolant temperature. That would allow you to use the same curve for both controllers. 

I'd also put one between the radiator fans and the radiator. This will give you the temp of the airflow through the radiator, which is what cools it. It'll also tell you if you have too much waste GPU heat going through the radiator.