Corsair Community

Fans ramp to full speed on second commander core

I have an h150i elite capellix color and 3 fans connected to one commander core and a second commander core with 6 additional fans.  When I restart computer, logout, shut down, start up, or enter bios my second set of 6 fans ramp to 100%  they stop when icue starts.  Using icue 4 they are ML 120 8 led 2400 rpm fans. All 12

What is the fan curve for the fans on the second Commander Core set to? And is it a Commander Core or a Commander Core XT?

Either way - you'll want to set the fan curve to use one of the temp sensors on the Commander Core. It's needs to be a temp sensor on the same device so connect one of the thermal probes. As long as the temp source for the curve is native to the device, then you'll have fan control even when iCUE isn't running.

It is a core that came with an additional cooler that I'm not using. Unfortunately it doesn't ship with any temp sensors I can order one and try that.  The other core doesn't have a temp sensor and it is set to the cooler temp.  Possibly it doesn't need one bc it has one in the pump head?

The prime Commander Core is using the coolant temp sensor inside the pump/block. However, the second Commander Core can only access that data (or other hardware) when the software is running and the devices can’t talk to each other without it. In a non-CUE state it is reliant on its own native sensors (the temp ports). A 10k thermistor sensor (wire) is cheap and not brand specific. Any one should work on Com Core #2 and once you have it, you’ll need to use it as the control source for the curve as described above. Sensor placement can be rear exhaust or the exhaust side of the AIO radiator depending on which fans are being controlled. 

Thank you for telling me what ohm the thermistor is.  I'll order one and set it to exhaust temp or internal case temp as these are 6 of the 8 120mm intake fans.  I have a 140 exhaust and the 3 120mm fans on the aio are exhausting