Corsair Community

CMX512-4400C25 and DFI NF4 Ultra-D

Qapf

I have been trying to diagnose random reboots in my machine for quite some time and I think I have it down.

Windows has been rebooting on random STOP errors, which is normally indictive of a memory failure. This past weekend the random reboots turned into a complete refusal to boot, so I started diagnosing. One one stick of ram, the system is perfectly fine, on the other stick, the system refuses to post, the motherboard giving off the Error Code for bad memory

I have tested all 4 slots, the stick of Ram refuses to boot at all. When running both sticks I can successfully boot and go into memtest86+ which is intirgated into the bios, and I do see errors coming from this damaged stick.

What other steps do I need to take to get an RMA?

please disregard my request for RMA

after getting ahold of a second set of ram, the problem lies in my motherboard. Whenever the thing goes into dual channel mode, the board becomes unstable. I have to find out how to get DFI to do an RMA, or I get to buy another motherboard. Sorry to waste time

• Corsair Employees
Maybe we can help; can you tell me the PSU that you have on your system along with the CPU speed and its FSB as well? In addition, please tell me if you have the latest BIOS installed on your system and what BIOS settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Archived