Corsair Community

Corsair H100i elite capellix AIO “pump failure” and hot cpu

Hello, so i just bought an open box h100i elite capellix and installation was relatively smooth. Everything connected in the right spots. I turned on my pc and the fans went to full blast and the rgb was blinking red. I opened up icue and updated the software and after that the pump was listed as unknown and i warning popped up  that said “pump failure” contact support. 
i cannot find anything anywhere with the same issues as me because my cpu gets hot to 60-89° max after just booting up. I doubt this could be software that would cause the pump to just not pump. But, i’m looking to see if anyone has a clue whats going on. 

EDIT: sorry forgot to note that the commander core isn't showing up in icue if that helps.

It sounds like the cooler is DOA. Where did you get it 'open box'?

8 hours ago, DevBiker said:

It sounds like the cooler is DOA. Where did you get it 'open box'?

Unfortunately i got it from ebay. So i dont think corsair will help me here. But, the sender has 30 day returns. Just trying to see if i did anything wrong or if the cooler is dead.

There are a lot of Elite/LCD issues right now and bad connection data sometimes triggers a false “pump fail” and physical warning. However, all those users don’t actually have a pump failure and cpu temps are normal regardless of the aggressive fan response. Your’s are not and those elevated cpu temps at boot indicate a zero or low flow state. 

The unit clearly has power, so the only other check on your end is to do a complete power down, flip the PSU off, then reseat the “mini 24 pin” power cable on the side of the Commander Core. Make sure the white stripe matches the corresponding marking on the Commander Core. Then power up again. No need to try for the OS. Stop it in the BIOS. If you can watch cpu temp skip up at fast pace (or if it’s already at 60C+) there is no flow and this is a dead unit. 

Edited by c-attack