Corsair Community

Anyone that owns corsair h100i elite lcd and i7 12700k

this is my first time using a aio liquid cooler, but im also using a newer cpu, so im just gathering information as i never really looked into temps for both. 

im coming from a i7 9700k with a Cooler Master MasterAir MA410M, i did get lower temps with this setup, but i do know it has less cores and threads than the i7 12700k.

temps im getting atm, Idle while using programs like Spotify, discord, chrome, steam i get 45-55c, max 60ish, gaming depending on the game its like 60-75c max 80ish, 

another reason why im asking is cus in icue4 for the lcd screen setup they have max temp set at 60 and low temp at 20 lol is 20c even possible with this aio lol

Edited by streetkilln

I'm not positive, but I don't think that kit came with the pump standoffs for the LGA1700 socket. Many of us are awaiting shipping on our kits from Corsair (China). 
This is what it says on Amazons sales page for your AIO - "Compatible with the new Intel LGA1700 with purchase of CW-8960091 or CW-8960093 spare parts".
The standoffs for the LGA1200 are 1mm too tall, and while they can work, they don't provide adequate downforce for the pumphead to the CPU, which can/will result in higher than average temps. 

6 hours ago, ColonelAngus said:

I'm not positive, but I don't think that kit came with the pump standoffs for the LGA1700 socket. Many of us are awaiting shipping on our kits from Corsair (China). 
This is what it says on Amazons sales page for your AIO - "Compatible with the new Intel LGA1700 with purchase of CW-8960091 or CW-8960093 spare parts".
The standoffs for the LGA1200 are 1mm too tall, and while they can work, they don't provide adequate downforce for the pumphead to the CPU, which can/will result in higher than average temps. 

Got it off newegg, came with correct mounting.

I don’t think those temps are out of order and well within the range of voltage variance. Your specific Vcore is going to have the largest effect on your end temp and now with smart motherboards making adjustments for silicon quality there is going to be a lot variance. For peace of mind, take note of your typical Vcore voltage during idle and load and compare it to other 12700 owners. The cooling apparatus won’t have much effect on instant temperature, but it is consequential for extended load. 

To that end, the scale in CUE is 20-60C because fan control is intended for the coolant temperature (H100i Elite Temp). This is the proper control variable for any liquid cooling system. The fans and radiator help dissipate heat from the liquid, they don’t cool the cpu directly. That is done conductively for all types of cpu cooling. Using cpu temp as the control variable will do nothing except make your fans needlessly shift speed as the cpu rapidly changes temperature through its normal operation. 

Most everyone should use a custom curve so they can see the control points. However, the place to start is a copy of the presets. Click + on the cooling tab.  A graph will appear below. Change the sensor choice to H100i Temp then choose on of the shape tools in the lower right corner. These correspond to the three presets, but you can now see and edit the points. The baseline for most of those curves is 31C. This is a middle of the road target for most users, but ultimately local environment plus a few case set up and hardware details will determine your resting coolant temperature. Someone in a tropical climate isn’t going to be able to run 31C and during Winter months in a temperate climate you might not reach 31C at max. Most people will need to make seasonal shifts to keep the fans quiet at idle and reasonable at load. 

Edited by c-attack

15 hours ago, streetkilln said:

low temp at 20 lol is 20c even possible with this aio lol

Yes, especially for the coolant. It depends on your ambient temperature. But it'd have to be pretty darn chilly for that.

3 hours ago, DevBiker said:

Yes, especially for the coolant. It depends on your ambient temperature. But it'd have to be pretty darn chilly for that.

i have the lcd reading set to cpu package temp, so i guess the presents is set for coolant temp.

7 hours ago, c-attack said:

I don’t think those temps are out of order and well within the range of voltage variance. Your specific Vcore is going to have the largest effect on your end temp and now with smart motherboards making adjustments for silicon quality there is going to be a lot variance. For peace of mind, take note of your typical Vcore voltage during idle and load and compare it to other 12700 owners. The cooling apparatus won’t have much effect on instant temperature, but it is consequential for extended load. 

To that end, the scale in CUE is 20-60C because fan control is intended for the coolant temperature (H100i Elite Temp). This is the proper control variable for any liquid cooling system. The fans and radiator help dissipate heat from the liquid, they don’t cool the cpu directly. That is done conductively for all types of cpu cooling. Using cpu temp as the control variable will do nothing except make your fans needlessly shift speed as the cpu rapidly changes temperature through its normal operation. 

Most everyone should use a custom curve so they can see the control points. However, the place to start is a copy of the presets. Click + on the cooling tab.  A graph will appear below. Change the sensor choice to H100i Temp then choose on of the shape tools in the lower right corner. These correspond to the three presets, but you can now see and edit the points. The baseline for most of those curves is 31C. This is a middle of the road target for most users, but ultimately local environment plus a few case set up and hardware details will determine your resting coolant temperature. Someone in a tropical climate isn’t going to be able to run 31C and during Winter months in a temperate climate you might not reach 31C at max. Most people will need to make seasonal shifts to keep the fans quiet at idle and reasonable at load. 

thanks for the reply