Corsair Community

12700k & H150i elite CAPELLIX

Hey All,

Forgive me but i couldnt seem to really get a definitive answer and my first post.

I am happy with temps but coolant temperature seems abit on the higher side. My ambient temps are about 23° with cpu at about 32° while idle.

While gaming cpu actually sits at about 42° to °50ish so far which is quite low i believe.

Coolant temps while idle sits at about 35° but goes as high as 41° while gaming. Is this normal?

Should i be concerned about the coolant temps?

I have 6 corsairs ML fans attached to the radiator as intake push/pull config. This is mounted on the side in an Lian-Li 011 Evo.

Thanks for any future repsonses

Screenshot of temps

It’s looks normal from this end. You are not heating up the coolant from CPU heat dissipation. That’s all environmental from GPU waste heat heating up the internal case temperature and it seems consistent with the other temps I can see on the dashboard. Local environment temperature always will be the minimum baseline for everything. 

Thats great then, i set a custom fan curve as the fans would ramp up to much and it seems like the custom curve only makes it like a degree hotter.

So you would say its nothing i should be worried about?

2 hours ago, c-attack said:

It’s looks normal from this end. You are not heating up the coolant from CPU heat dissipation. That’s all environmental from GPU waste heat heating up the internal case temperature and it seems consistent with the other temps I can see on the dashboard. Local environment temperature always will be the minimum baseline for everything. 

Thats great then, i set a custom fan curve as the fans would ramp up to much and it seems like the custom curve only makes it like a degree hotter.,

So you would say its nothing i should be worried about?

Definitely use a custom curve, even if it is just a copy of the presets (shape tools in the lower right corner).  This allows you to see and edit the curve whereas the preset is invisible.  It's also impossible to design any kind of universal preset.  The variation is room or case temp is often greater than the expected temperature delta from CPU wattage alone.  The current presets are very relaxed under 31C and ramp up as you move toward 40C, but that is likely too aggressive for those in a Mediterranean or tropical climate and too relaxed for someone in a high latitude zone.  

When the bulk of the temp change is from environmental heat, you can't reduce that by running the fans faster.  For those using their AIO radiator as part of the exhaust, it might even make things worse by pulling more GPU waste heat into the top vs exiting out the back.  I don't think you have anything to be worried about, but you might be able to put the final puzzle piece together by assessing the intake air temp on the back side of the O11 where the radiator is drawing air from.  While the room might be 23C, I suspect it's not 23C back there.  Either way, when you have any type of radiator problem, you will see immediate issues on boot.  The coolant start ticking upwards from the moment you power on and that is the warning sign.