Corsair Community

Turning off zero-rpm on HX1200i

Woad

I cant seem to figure out how to turn off the zeroRPM feature on my HX1200i PSU.  The instructions in the FAQ say to go to the cooling tab in the iCUE software, but I don't see any cooling tab in the software.  HELP!!  I am having issues with my system crashing and I want to make sure it isn't the PSU or the PSU isn't adding to it by getting hot.  The fan isn't coming on at all and I would like to shut that off to make sure the fan is working before I have to pull the PSU and manually test it with the paperclip method.  Pulling the PSU would be a bit of a PIA, so I would like to avoid that 😉 THanks in advance!!!

it's a platinum PSU, it doesn't get hot so you shouldn't see the fan spin up unless you're mining with an SLI of 3080 or something 😛

the PSU has to be connected with the USB cable to the motherboard, or else iiCUE won't show anything. If you have it, make sure it's fully inserted on the back of the PSU. Mine often came loose when working in the case.

2 hours ago, Woad said:

I don't see any cooling tab in the software.

Make sure you are not running competing monitoring programs like HWiNFO or AIDA that also poll the Corsair PSU.  Disappearing UI elements, impossible voltages, and in general garbage data are common.  You'll need to restart the Corsair app and service if you are using one of those after closing out other program -- or simply restart the PC.  

It seems unlikely the PSU temperature is at the core of the issue you are experiencing.  A 1200W PSU won't turn the fan on until 400-500W and that's about the maximum most users will be able to pull from the wall anyway.  However, the missing UI element needs to be sorted anyway and when I was running an AX1200i, I preferred the fan run at the minimum instead during warmer months.  

since i have that PSU i had a look while doing some folding. the PSU was drawing 6 - 700W during two hours. The PSU never went above 63°C with the fan still OFF in a 24°C room.

I opened the side panel, and just with some more convection cooling it dropped to 53°C.

They just don't heat up.