Corsair Community

RTX 3090 PNY fan control?

MeowMeows

I had a PC built not long ago with Origin PC and so everything is using ICue. My RTX 3090 fan temps show in the home screen under sensors but I don't know how to change the fan speeds and I don't see my GPU listed anywhere to change it. If I cannot change the fan speeds there then is there anything else I can use that wont conflict with ICue and only controls the fan speeds?

https://ibb.co/yBPVWCm

Most users will run MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision X1, Asus GPU Tweak or another GPU specific control program. I don’t know if PNY makes one, but all of the above work with all brands. CUE is getting fan and temperature data from the motherboard but otherwise cannot interact with that GPU or most others. 

I thought MSI Afterburner conflicted with ICUE and also affected more than just the fan. I did use EVGA Precision back when I had a EVGA 1070  I didn't know if it worked with ICUE though.

39 minutes ago, MeowMeows said:

MSI Afterburner conflicted with ICUE

Not Afterburner and most users have it.  MSI Mystic Lighting for their RGB control is something else.  Afterburner is also for voltage, clock, and VRAM frequency altering, but none of those are required.  On the main display there will be a separate fan control and that is all you need, although most users can turn up the power allowance without any cost.   Precision X1 should work for fan control as well.  I do find it less reliable, particularly if you make use of the OSD to track metrics while in full screen.