Corsair Community

HS80: 2 issued - red mute LED on mic, and periodic audio drop outs

OldManGamer

Hi all!

I'm hoping someone can suggest fixes to one or two of these problems.

1. Does anyone know how (besides electrical tape) to turn off the muted red mic LED? I can see red light reflected back at me in my glasses when the mic is up. 

2. Periodic audio drop outs. Every 10 seconds to 30 seconds (no specific interval) the audio will drop out of the headset for a second. I'm about 10 feet from the dongle - but nothing is blocking line of site.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Update for those w/ same problem in future: In the end uninstalling iCUE software fixed the problem.

Up until that point I had tried everything to stop the audio drop-outs (moved router away, changed USB ports, ensured clear path from receiver to headset, soft reset on headset, reinstall of iCUE, reinstall audio drivers, reinstall VGA drivers, closed all other programs that could interfere).

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
On 3/29/2022 at 8:59 PM, OldManGamer said:

Hi all!

I'm hoping someone can suggest fixes to one or two of these problems.

1. Does anyone know how (besides electrical tape) to turn off the muted red mic LED? I can see red light reflected back at me in my glasses when the mic is up. 

2. Periodic audio drop outs. Every 10 seconds to 30 seconds (no specific interval) the audio will drop out of the headset for a second. I'm about 10 feet from the dongle - but nothing is blocking line of site.

Thanks!

Hey there! Currently there is a setting for our headset to disable the LED while it is active, but as far as I know there is no current option to just outright disable the LED entirely. For my Virtuoso SE, I select the product's tile in iCUE, select Device Settings, and it's a toggle called "Disable LED When Mic is Active".

As far as the headset's audio dropping out, where is the wireless receiver plug into? If it's connected to a USB hub or passthrough I would try directly plugging the receiver in to your PC to see if that helps.