Corsair Community

ML120 Pro - off axis ? Failing ?

https://youtube.com/shorts/fySdA5Cm93E?feature=share

As you can see by the video, the noise initially gives it away as an issue is present, but then it visibility slows down. If left to grind away, it will slow to what seems like 400RPM or so. If I place light pressure onto the hub, the sound goes away and the fan spins up to full speed. Once I let go, the grinding comes back and it'll slow back down to the 400 ish RPM. 

Oddly enough, if I reboot enough times,  it'll eventually spin properly, quietly and at the proper speed. This leads me to belive that whatever magnetic system is present, is failing. 

It is just a couple months old, but I'd have to find the receipt to get the exact date. 

Edited by Duffy705

How are your fans controlled?

They have to be managed as PWM fans, not as DC fans. the maglev requires a constant 12V supply.

If you use a commander Pro, make sure the fan outputs are set to 4 pin.

If they are controlled by your motherboard, check on BIOS that the ports are set to PWM control and not DC.

If they are indeed set to PWM, something is off yep..

9 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

How are your fans controlled?

They have to be managed as PWM fans, not as DC fans. the maglev requires a constant 12V supply.

If you use a commander Pro, make sure the fan outputs are set to 4 pin.

If they are controlled by your motherboard, check on BIOS that the ports are set to PWM control and not DC.

If they are indeed set to PWM, something is off yep..

They are connected with a Commander Core XT, yes. The one that was sent with my H150i Elite AIO. Everything has worked properly from the initial install, but only recently I've been waking up to this. I am going to head into BestBuy to have my receipt reprinted. I imagine I'll have to RMA a single fan lol.