Corsair Community

"Corsair Yellow" Scene not so "Yellow."

The Corsair Yellow scene is more like greenish yellow than a pure yellow. It's certainly nothing like the yellow on the boxes of my Corsair products. Would it be possible that somebody might adjust that yellow color and include it in a future update?

You can adjust it now by creating your own scene and tweaking the RGB value. I don’t see this in my system, but ultimately color hue is a product of the RGB components and the material. Some devices don’t show colors in the same way. PBT key caps can alter values and some products have more limited RGB gradient capabilities (often mice). 

Can you be more specific about which products are showing the green tint?

I have 9 Corsair fans in my system; 3 QLs, 3 MLs part of the H150i Elite Capellix cooler, and 3 that came with the iCUE 5000x case. I had created a much more yellow custom scene but I was wondering why Corsair could not fix the color of the scene they were supplying with the iCUE software and put it out as a patch?

So which products are showing different yellows?  The QL vs the ML-Elite fans and SP-Elite?  The pump LEDs?

It's the same with all products that I use, capellix, pump and fans, K95 KB, M65, and dominator mem.  If it's doesn't have a green hew, it shows a red tinge.

All products show the same yellow(ish green/red)

It's the same with all products that I use, capellix, pump and fans, K95 KB, M65, and dominator mem.  If it's doesn't have a green hew, it shows a red tinge.

The issue is evident within iCue!!!! The selected color is not what is displayed on the fans, even within iCue   You can see the green tinge on the fans.

Yellow on peripherals.png

21 hours ago, ntzphyr said:

The issue is evident within iCue!!!! The selected color is not what is displayed on the fans, even within iCue   You can see the green tinge on the fans.

Yellow on peripherals.png

That is correct. The corrected yellow I created for the fans, memory modules, and LCD ring displays on the pallet as more like that mango orange color. But it is a bright yellow on the LEDs. My wife is my witness that it is clearly better.

Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2022 at 4:53 PM, c-attack said:

So which products are showing different yellows?  The QL vs the ML-Elite fans and SP-Elite?  The pump LEDs?

All the LEDs in the Corsair iCUE system are greenish-yellow using the Corsair default "Corsair Yellow" color scene, including my Vengeance iCUE memory modules and the ring around the LCD screen pump cap.

Edited by Hollow_Pointe

First, the RGB value for "Corsair Yellow" is on the green side of straight 255/255 yellow, so not too surprising there is some green tint.  Second is the difference between RGB color blending and a real life material objects.  It's not possible to create every material color hue in existence with a the light based RGB system.  Third is the materials and LEDs themselves.  A specific color value is not going to look the same on a clear frame HD fan vs a frosted LL fan ring.  The same thing goes for PBT double shot plastic keycaps vs the clear acrylic on a XD5 reservoir or the heavily frosted faces of the LC100 triangles.  Some of these will have different LED types as well.  My Capellix LEDs on the Dominator RGB are going have a slightly different tone than my QL fans, although it is slight.

This isn't a CUE bug and it's not assigning different RGB values to different components.  It's your components that are different.  You have the ability to make your own profile called Corsair Yellow and tweak the values to a color tone you appreciate and that matches across your mixed components.  I have a wide variety of RGB emitters from LT100, LC100, KB, mouse, QL, Dominator, XD5, XC7, and LS100 set up right now.  I do not see drastic differences between color tones, except through careful study.  The Dominators have always been a bit unique and most likely to exhibit a different tone.  I suspect the differences you see are in the QL vs ML-Elite OEM tone.  They have a different material and a different color tone as a result.  There definitely are mice in the Corsair family that have more limited RGB production capabilities.  I have several that need a measurably different value to produce a similar color tone as the KB and other gear.  Most of the time mice like the Nightsword are cooler in their color temp and would show Corsair Yellow as more green than intended.  I would not be surprised if OEM SP-Elite and OEM ML-Elites have a cool tone.  I have not been able to test those.

If you think Corsair should be doing this for you, then you can make that point.  However, because color hue appreciation is a very user specific concept, it is just as likely to annoy people as entering a straight RGB value across all products.  If you have any doubts about that, casually skim through the user discussion of any 4K HDR TV owners' group as they mercilessly berate each other over the proper white point and color temp settings for the same hardware while acknowledging there are differences in panel production.  Some are smart enough to realize that room environment lighting affects the user experience and thus some personal tweaking is necessary.  The same thing may apply here, where looking directly down at a KB may not be exactly the same as looking at a RGB fan through tinted glass/acrylic at an angle.  This is another reason why individual color settings may be preferable for you.  Most users who care enough to notice this kind of thing also care enough to take a few minutes to create the profile and set it up they way they want it.  Regardless of what Corsair Yellow is or isn't, I don't see why you shouldn't tweak the value to be pleasing to you.  

Edited by c-attack

On 4/7/2022 at 8:42 AM, c-attack said:

First, the RGB value for "Corsair Yellow" is on the green side of straight 255/255 yellow, so not too surprising there is some green tint.  Second is the difference between RGB color blending and a real life material objects.  It's not possible to create every material color hue in existence with a the light based RGB system.  Third is the materials and LEDs themselves.  A specific color value is not going to look the same on a clear frame HD fan vs a frosted LL fan ring.  The same thing goes for PBT double shot plastic keycaps vs the clear acrylic on a XD5 reservoir or the heavily frosted faces of the LC100 triangles.  Some of these will have different LED types as well.  My Capellix LEDs on the Dominator RGB are going have a slightly different tone than my QL fans, although it is slight.

This isn't a CUE bug and it's not assigning different RGB values to different components.  It's your components that are different (wrong).  You have the ability to make your own profile called Corsair Yellow and tweak the values to a color tone you appreciate and that matches across your mixed components.  I have a wide variety of RGB emitters from LT100, LC100, KB, mouse, QL, Dominator, XD5, XC7, and LS100 set up right now.  I do not see drastic differences between color tones, except through careful study.  The Dominators have always been a bit unique and most likely to exhibit a different tone.  I suspect the differences you see are in the QL vs ML-Elite OEM tone.  They have a different material and a different color tone as a result.  There definitely are mice in the Corsair family that have more limited RGB production capabilities.  I have several that need a measurably different value to produce a similar color tone as the KB and other gear.  Most of the time mice like the Nightsword are cooler in their color temp and would show Corsair Yellow as more green than intended.  I would not be surprised if OEM SP-Elite and OEM ML-Elites have a cool tone.  I have not been able to test those.

If you think Corsair should be doing this for you, then you can make that point.  However, because color hue appreciation is a very user specific concept, it is just as likely to annoy people as entering a straight RGB value across all products. (wrong see above)  If you have any doubts about that, casually skim through the user discussion of any 4K HDR TV owners' group as they mercilessly berate each other over the proper white point and color temp settings for the same hardware while acknowledging there are differences in panel production.  Some are smart enough to realize that room environment lighting affects the user experience and thus some personal tweaking is necessary.  The same thing may apply here, where looking directly down at a KB may not be exactly the same as looking at a RGB fan through tinted glass/acrylic at an angle.  This is another reason why individual color settings may be preferable for you.  Most users who care enough to notice this kind of thing also care enough to take a few minutes to create the profile and set it up they way they want it.  Regardless of what Corsair Yellow is or isn't, I don't see why you shouldn't tweak the value to be pleasing to you.  

Actually I made a custom yellow scene that is really yellow very easily. Just downed the green and added a little bit of red. If I can do it Corsair can do it and patch their Corsair Yellow to actually be a nice bright yellow. And I think Corsair should do this if they are going to supply a Corsair branded scene they call Corsair Yellow I should think they would want it to be the same yellow as the packaging of their products. After all they aren't the Razer company are they? Thank goodness! Lousy products. See the posts above others agree with me. Try it yourself if you don't think these LEDs can't show real yellow.

2 hours ago, Hollow_Pointe said:

See the posts above others agree with me. Try it yourself if you don't think these LEDs can't show real yellow.

I guess you missed the point, but congratulations on making your own lighting profile.  It is quite easy.  It's not as easy to color match for someone else with some regard for all the factors mentioned above.