Corsair Community

Wired USB Mouse Loss of Functionality Issues in Windows 10

Testing987

Any of this sound familiar?

You've been using your mouse without issue for many hours and then for some reason it becomes almost completely non-functional although the keyboard continues to work just fine.  You can click on the Task Bar and you can open programs on the Task Bar but the mouse has zero functionality once the programs are opened because clicking on the programs causes Windows to lose focus on the program you've just clicked (the title bar colour changes to the deselected colour).  You can't use the mouse to maximise or minimise the program window and you can't use the mouse to close the program either by clicking on the X button on the program's title bar or by right-clicking the program icon on the Task Bar: even though the mouse brings up the context menu, when you then click on Close nothing happens.  Resetting the mouse, unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in the USB port doesn't resolve the issue, nor does closing and then re-opening the iCUE software.  The only thing you can do is use the keyboard to restart Windows 10.  On reboot, the mouse is working normally again but it's only a matter of time when the issue reoccurs completely out of the blue and for no apparent reason.  Any advice on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.  My main mouse is a Corsair Nightsword RGB, but the same issue occurs with my legacy M95 mouse and my M55 RGB Pro.